Thread: Making a exhaust quiter on a Subaru

Making a exhaust quiter on a Subaru

I have a 2013 Subaru Outback. Factory steel exhaust rotted out. I found a Subaru WRX dual exhaust in stainless cheap. I had the exhaust straight pipe extended 10". When on the car the tone was raspy and annoying. I am thinking of trying to put a resonator on the straight pipe to get rid of the raspy tone and excessive noise. Any recommendations to cut the sound down and raspy noise?
    Last edited by Donstang86; 10-08-2021 at 12:22 AM.

I had put a Vibrant Stainless Resonator on my truck. Straight thru design. The exhaust the dealer put on it just sucked. Was too loud and sounded awful. The resonator took all the ugly out of the sound and really changed it up overall for the better. Not sure what other sizes they have or room you have but worth trying if you can make it work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ed...
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, leveled, 35" tires
    2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange/5speed Best 1/4 11.94@113.64, 1/8 7.59@89.48, 1.57 60' - Best 60' 1.51, just a NA 2v

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I had put a Vibrant Stainless Resonator on my truck. Straight thru design. The exhaust the dealer put on it just sucked. Was too loud and sounded awful. The resonator took all the ugly out of the sound and really changed it up overall for the better. Not sure what other sizes they have or room you have but worth trying if you can make it work.
    Thanks for the suggestion of the resonator, This will be the first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Hoping it will work. I actually picked u one of these P/N 1141, 2 1/2 OD in/ out. Tired of hearing the wife bitch about the drone sound!

Quote Originally Posted by Donstang86 View Post
    Tired of hearing the wife bitch about the drone sound!
    Can you put a resonator on her?
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
    Can you put a resonator on her?
    I am hoping the muffler shop can. Its small size but hopefully takes some of the noise out of the exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Donstang86 View Post
    I am hoping the muffler shop can. Its small size but hopefully takes some of the noise out of the exhaust.
    I meant the wife...
    Quote Originally Posted by John4cam View Post
    Ahh fuque
    1985 Ranger--2WD, basic bolt-ons and tires, 11.92 @ 111mph.

1986 Ranger--2WD, 5.0/T5/8.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
    I meant the wife...
    Good luck with that lol!!!!!!