Thread: 2015 Focus Recall/Broken Tranny mount

2015 Focus Recall/Broken Tranny mount

Group,

Just trying to get some info before the dealer calls me. Over the weekend my 2015 Ford Focus with approx. 47K Eco boost 6 speed manual broke the transmission mount. This was starting off in a gravel driveway and the car stalled starting up a grade ( new driver my 16 year old daughter) Then the car started to shutter really bad. I opened the hood and the driver side motor/tranny mount was broke off. Motor was hanging there. I also got a check engine light. The car has a clutch failure recall on it so I don't know if this caused the problem or not. What is your take that this should be covered on Powertrain 5 yr 60,000 warranty?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

I'd say it should be covered.
    Is this an ST? I know the rear motor mount is a commonly replaced item in the aftermarket due to it being crap.

Just a little 500 whp V6

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
    I'd say it should be covered.
    Is this an ST? I know the rear motor mount is a commonly replaced item in the aftermarket due to it being crap.
    Not an ST, This is the 1.0 L 3 cylinder put your feet thru the floorboards to get it moving!

i would hope that is covered if not I sounds like its up top and easy to get to
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

Update on this: Dealer said no to warranty even though it is noted on the estimate that the part that failed had a bolt missing..... I have had absolutely no work done on this car so unless it fell out from the factory or was never put in at the factory I feel Ford is liable! I moved it from the stealership to a trusted mechanic to do the work. They asked why. I gave them the honest answer ! I am moving it to a "trusted mechanic"..... I also called another dealer and e-mailed them the quote and they told me it was not warranty. Focus.JPG

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    That’s bullshit. I think you need to go over their heads with a complaint to corporate headquarters.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I plan on calling the 800 number today!

Quote Originally Posted by 07v6vista View Post
    I plan on calling the 800 number today!
    That was a total waste of time! Some non English speaking woman outright said that if the dealer said it was not covered they is what Ford will stand behind! What a crock! I really think I am going to take this to FB and share it! You cannot how pissed I am right now!

I replaced the rear motor mount on my last 13 with the electric/hybrid focus version. I haven't done it to this one yet. It's more of a solid mount. Never hear of them having an issue with that mount.

I also posted this to Blue Oval Forums and I was told there it should have been covered, Support is listed.....

Just an update on this. I wanted to share photos of the broken bracket and the re-designed part... You tell me that Ford didn't know there was a problem with this part. And notice the closeup on the one bolt hole. Never a bolt put in that hole!WP_20180614_17_00_11_Pro.jpgWP_20180614_17_00_19_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180614_17_00_19_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180614_17_00_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180614_17_00_59_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180614_17_01_13_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180614_17_11_57_Pro.jpg

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    i would be making some phone calls for reimbursement on that deal.

Good luck!
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Yep - run it up the chain of command. More about the principle than the $$!
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I made another phone call to Ford today and they are escalating it. I should have a phone call back from them in 1 business day....