PDA

View Full Version : quik ?--would eliminating your smog pump make a big diff?

PunisherStang
04-03-2008, 01:31 PM
ok just curious on this, would eliminating my smog pump on my 01 make a big difference? i mean i was thinking my car doesnt pass inspection now i might as well get that taken off if it makes a big diff. i still want to retain my ac so i dont wont to do an ac delete. thanks:goodidea:

Rodeheaver's
04-03-2008, 02:17 PM
if your car has a smog pump something is deff up..

PunisherStang
04-03-2008, 02:29 PM
why is that? i have no idea/knowledge bout smog pumps

Rodeheaver's
04-03-2008, 02:44 PM
an 01 gt does not have a smog pump..

PunisherStang
04-03-2008, 02:45 PM
oh lol sorry for my dumbness.

blkp42e
04-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Lol!!

thehill63
04-03-2008, 03:19 PM
oh lol sorry for my dumbness.

too much hanging around with a guy that drives a civic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jk :D

Import Killer
04-03-2008, 07:45 PM
the best thing i have ever heard from this site..LMFAO:rofl::rotflol::laughing1:

after the smog pump i would def. check thoes muffler bearings i hear from the guys on this fourm there kill your H.P. :yes::veryhappy::rotflol:

too much hanging around with a guy that drives a civic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jk :D

mineralrob
04-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Or better yet check your pushrods:sticktonge:

Troll
04-03-2008, 07:54 PM
I wish I would've seen this first, I would've offered to take it off for you for a deal... :goodidea:

Isn't your motor "built" ? and you got full bolt-ons, correct? what compression pistons are in that thing. A supercharger is probably the only thing that you can do at this point to get any more serious HP out of it. If you want to throw money at stupid 5hp parts, get an electric water pump. :sticktonge:

PunisherStang
04-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Isn't your motor "built" ? and you got full bolt-ons, correct? what compression pistons are in that thing. A supercharger is probably the only thing that you can do at this point to get any more serious HP out of it. If you want to throw money at stupid 5hp parts, get an electric water pump. :sticktonge: Today 07:47 PM

yes fully built and full bolt ons except maf and injectors(those are stock). and the compression is a little over 10:5:1

PunisherStang
04-03-2008, 10:49 PM

yes this could be the case lol, sometimes i just dont think of what i am doing or writing, i got so many things going through my mind besides my stang i loose track of really stupid stuff lol

at least i made some of you laugh:rofl::goodidea:

Troll
04-03-2008, 11:00 PM
compression is a little over 10:5:1
OK, nevermind on the s/c. N2O is your only friend now. :goodidea:

2001GTTT
04-03-2008, 11:06 PM
the best thing i have ever heard from this site..LMFAO:rofl::rotflol::laughing1:

after the smog pump i would def. check thoes muffler bearings i hear from the guys on this fourm there kill your H.P. :yes::veryhappy::rotflol:

x2......those dam muffler bearings will always get ya!

stieny
04-04-2008, 01:33 AM
OK, nevermind on the s/c. N2O is your only friend now. :goodidea:

Yea, what he said. Get a NX kit and call it a day!

PunisherStang
04-04-2008, 02:30 PM
im not gunna lie i fear the juice a little

stieny
04-04-2008, 04:29 PM
im not gunna lie i fear the juice a little

A good tune with the right set up and spray away! :twothumbsup:

MBH
04-04-2008, 05:57 PM
OK, nevermind on the s/c. N2O is your only friend now. :goodidea: +1 with that compression, although I'm with you on nitrous...
I think the quote is "nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD; you want to hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences"

PunisherStang
04-04-2008, 11:58 PM
its just i know the motor can handle it, but how many times. i dont exactly have the funds to rebuild my motor every year.

2001GTTT
04-04-2008, 11:59 PM
if i remember correctly you can safely run a 125 shot on our motors stock and be ok, (supposedly), with yours being built i wouldnt worry one bit.

stieny
04-05-2008, 02:34 AM
its just i know the motor can handle it, but how many times. i dont exactly have the funds to rebuild my motor every year.

Like I said, a good tune with the right set up you should be fine.

if i remember correctly you can safely run a 125 shot on our motors stock and be ok, (supposedly), with yours being built i wouldnt worry one bit.

Depends on the kit on how much nitrous you're putting into the motor. Zex measures there kits HP at the fly and NX measures theres at the wheels, so a 125 shot of Zex equals a 100 shot of NX. Again, a good tune and the right stuff goes a long way.

I ran a 125 shot of Zex on my stock long block with no problems. I had the safety stuff such as a window switch and fpss. I also had an upgraded pump: SVT focus pump. Always a good idea. You don't want to lean out on a N2O pull.

At tip in I saw a 14:1 AF and it went right down to around 11.5-11.8 so I had plenty of fuel.

95riosnake
04-05-2008, 11:11 AM
haha, nice...at least you took it well instead of flying off the handle when you found out there was no smog pump.

I remember Dennis (slow01gt) telling me how a guy at a show was telling him about his car (either a 99-04 GT or 03-04 Mach, can't remember) and saying "yea, I'm gonna get some 1.7 roller rockers for it" Dennis responded "you can't put roller rockers on your car dude," which the guy took personally and he's like "ARE YOU SAYING I CAN'T?!?! UGH I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!" funny stuff :rotflol: Dennis seems to always find the wierd people to talk to

blizzard
04-05-2008, 01:01 PM
^^^ :rollingfloorrlol::jaw-dropping:

2001GTTT
04-05-2008, 03:02 PM
LOL thats funny stuff, wtg dennis.

Import Killer
04-05-2008, 03:04 PM
If your ENGINE is fully built..with other mods why you scared to spray her?

PunisherStang
04-06-2008, 12:43 AM
im not afraid of spraying im afraid of the consequences behind the spray, i have the mahle forged pistons and how well can they handle spray, i mean i know they can handle spray but for how many times til they start to get weak.

stieny
04-06-2008, 09:17 AM
im not afraid of spraying im afraid of the consequences behind the spray, i have the mahle forged pistons and how well can they handle spray, i mean i know they can handle spray but for how many times til they start to get weak.

Like keep saying if you have a nice set up you should be fine.

Any kind of power adder, wheather its N20 or FI is going to put more strain on the motor than an N/A application, thats obvious. But with a good set up and tune, its really not that dangerous. Way to many people just throw a N20 kit on their car and spray away never checking A/F or spend money on supporting mods.

yellowstang03
04-06-2008, 09:55 AM
i sprayed a bone stock police iterceptor with a 100 shot for a few months almost daily. it didnt hurt it what so ever and it had almost 120 thousasnd very hard miles also on it.:)

PunisherStang
04-06-2008, 10:37 AM
ight well thanks for the info, i think im going to go with a 125 shot, whats the best brand to go with? i heard zex is. but on your experiences what kit will give me the most, and comes with the most things, i know some come with a bottle heater some do not etc etc

mineralrob
04-06-2008, 11:32 AM
haha, nice...at least you took it well instead of flying off the handle when you found out there was no smog pump.

I remember Dennis (slow01gt) telling me how a guy at a show was telling him about his car (either a 99-04 GT or 03-04 Mach, can't remember) and saying "yea, I'm gonna get some 1.7 roller rockers for it" Dennis responded "you can't put roller rockers on your car dude," which the guy took personally and he's like "ARE YOU SAYING I CAN'T?!?! UGH I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!" funny stuff :rotflol: Dennis seems to always find the wierd people to talk to

LOL yea i remember that. It was at the summit mustang show:woot1:

2001GTTT
04-06-2008, 03:45 PM
ight well thanks for the info, i think im going to go with a 125 shot, whats the best brand to go with? i heard zex is. but on your experiences what kit will give me the most, and comes with the most things, i know some come with a bottle heater some do not etc etc

duh....NNNNAAAAWWWWZZZZZZ.......lol, i dunno man, ive heard bad things about zex, maybe stieny can elaborate..lol.

stieny
04-06-2008, 11:15 PM

No to Zex thats all I can say. If you're going the N20 route I would go NX. All kits come with about the same things: bottle, brackets, solenoids, lines, nozzle and jets. You can always buy the accessories that the kit doesn't come with. IE: purge, bottle heater, WOT switch (if NX doesn't provide one).

Zex bottle heaters suck, so stay away from them. But like I mentioned in other posts, I would recommend a window switch, fpss, colder plugs and an upgraded pump if you don't have one already.