PDA

View Full Version : vt engines complaints

strokerstang
11-18-2007, 11:46 AM
If you were considering vt engines for any future work check this link out.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96049

Chris00GT
11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Ya, it's sad. I used to deal with Scott and Jim on a daily basis back when I was working at Kauffman Motorsports. If I didn't have the parts for my rebuild I would have went with them for a new forged engine. It's a shame I hate to see people loose money!!

Sonic03snake
11-18-2007, 11:58 PM
I have heard a ton of things about them lately, nothing good.

Rodeheaver's
11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
i have never heard of vt engines...

DRRummel
11-19-2007, 11:22 AM
They make (or did) some of the fastest N/A modular motors out there. I have a friend with a engine there now. I will let you know how it turns out.
i have never heard of vt engines...

Wolfpack Speed
11-19-2007, 12:17 PM
you guys wouldn't believe the stuff that has been brought to my attention over the last week. between the internet, direct communication with vt and a few other sources...i have a headache!!!

DRRummel
11-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Do you know what Chris Bower is up to or what he plans to do to fix things with VTCED?
you guys wouldn't believe the stuff that has been brought to my attention over the last week. between the internet, direct communication with vt and a few other sources...i have a headache!!!

Wolfpack Speed
11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Do you know what Chris Bower is up to or what he plans to do to fix things with VTCED?who knows whats going to happen, way too much going on!!!

Red98GT
11-20-2007, 08:31 PM
This is the first I have heard any of this. I guess I can take them off my list of Modular engine builder/ tunners that have never had a complaint about them.

DRRummel
11-20-2007, 11:40 PM
I would not do that, exactly...
From what I understand,
The past:
At one time VT Engines (VTE) was one shop. Then the current owner bought VTE he allowed the machine shop, equipment and machinist to spin off as there own company, VT Compitation Engine Development (VTCED). VTCED is the SAME machinist, builders and shop that have been the fastest NA mod motors for years. VTE became the sales front and still had VTCED build the engines.
Currently:
VTE has had problems buying thier bills and two of the three employees have quit. That is the whole sales staff and leaves only the apsentee owner. The sales staff had been with VTE from the beginning and went well above the call to help all the current customers at the end. Rumor has it that this included working for free for seven week to make sure as many as possible builds got finished and shipped.

Now what:
I don't think VTE will be around long. BUT VTCED is doing fine and building great engines as always. I can't wait to help install my friends VTCED stroker mod motor. We should have it back in about two weeks if all goes well. I would not have a problem giving my money to VTCED, I would wait and see what happens to VTE before I send any money to them.