PDA

View Full Version : Dial indicator, degree wheel, valve spring tool

Pure Stock
09-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Wanting to do some cam swapping. In need of a dial indicator, camshaft degree wheel and a valve spring removal tool. If anybody has one or more of these items and can lend them out for a short time let me know.:goodidea:

Viper_ed
09-13-2006, 11:14 AM
I have the valve spring tool and a dial indicator (If I can find it) if you need it.

SonofaBish
09-13-2006, 12:00 PM
I have a valve spring compressor as well... you're more than welcome to use it... i won't be needing it again anytime soon, i HOPE
Ray (stangman) and i found out that its a very nice tool, compared to some others out there...

Pure Stock
09-13-2006, 12:46 PM
I have the valve spring tool and a dial indicator (If I can find it) if you need it.

Let me know about the dial indicator. I definitely need it to gauge the clearance of P-V. The valve spring tool you mention having, is this the tool that will remove the springs with the cylinder head on the block?

Pure Stock
09-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I have a valve spring compressor as well... you're more than welcome to use it... i won't be needing it again anytime soon, i HOPE
Ray (stangman) and i found out that its a very nice tool, compared to some others out there...

Great. I want to see what Ed has to say about the one he owns. We are in very close proximity to each other. If there are complications, I'll be in contact with you for your offer. Thank you.

Viper_ed
09-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Let me know about the dial indicator. I definitely need it to gauge the clearance of P-V. The valve spring tool you mention having, is this the tool that will remove the springs with the cylinder head on the block?

If you're not pulling the head, you can hook an air line to the sparkplug hole to keep the valve in place.

How soon you need these? I'll have to go to my Dad's to get them.

Pure Stock
09-13-2006, 02:27 PM
If you're not pulling the head, you can hook an air line to the sparkplug hole to keep the valve in place.

For the weekend.

Viper_ed
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
For the weekend.

OK, I'll have them at my house by Saturday morning.

SonofaBish
09-13-2006, 03:18 PM

or you can just put that piston to TDC and then the valve won't fall down in ... just a thought, b/c that's what i did

Viper_ed
09-13-2006, 03:20 PM
or you can just put that piston to TDC and then the valve won't fall down in ... just a thought, b/c that's what i did

That works too! :goodidea:

wick
09-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Another way we do a cam and spring swap is to put a length of 1/4" nylon rope into the cylinder, if air is not available. Roll the motor up by hand. The springs are gaurenteed not to fall out!! I have done this many times.:goodidea:

Rodeheaver's
09-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Another way we do a cam and spring swap is to put a length of 1/4" nylon rope into the cylinder, if air is not available. Roll the motor up by hand. The springs are gaurenteed not to fall out!! I have done this many times.:goodidea:
this method is pretty fool proof, have used it myself

wick
09-13-2006, 05:07 PM
this method is pretty fool proof, have used it myself

HAHA Your right!!:goodidea:

351SVT
09-14-2006, 11:19 PM
Cam swap=Bowling green=Road trip! :Devious: