PDA

View Full Version : supercharger

Jcelli04
06-19-2007, 12:45 PM
im planning on buying a supercharger by the end of the summer. the only problem is what kind i want. im not sure if i want the twin screw (kenne bell) or a vortech. i have no experience with either one so its hard to decide between the two.

if anybody has an opinion on which is better please help me out.

also i would be willing to pay one person of each kind of car to take me for a drive. im in carnegie (right outside of pittsburgh)

i have a black 2001 gt

Mitternacht
06-19-2007, 12:52 PM
You're better off with Kenne Belle. I have an Eaton, so my supercharger would be in between those two.

J-rod
06-19-2007, 12:54 PM
two totally different animals there.

Chris00GT
06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
On the street it's really hard to beat the KB's. Instant boost and power. It's a real fun blower on the street if your tires can handle it ;) The Vortech is another good choice. You won't have the instant power, put you can make good power more toward the top end and it's reliable setup that many people have.

One thing you might want to consider is go for ride in both equiped cars. It might help you with your decision. It will give you an idea of the power bands and help you make up your mind :pinkthumb:

J-rod
06-19-2007, 12:56 PM
One thing you might want to consider is go for ride in both equiped cars. It might help you with your decision. It will give you an idea of the power bands and help you make up your mind :pinkthumb:

also i would be willing to pay one person of each kind of car to take me for a drive. im in carnegie (right outside of pittsburgh)

:pinkthumb:

Chris00GT
06-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Ya Jared I noticed it after I posted...ahh I blame it on the heat..hehe.

Rio94gt
06-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Id take you for a ride in mine but i only got 1 seat. sorry buddy. But i do love my vortech.

SonofaBish
06-19-2007, 01:09 PM
eaton roots or twin-screw KB FTW

Jcelli04
06-19-2007, 01:23 PM
thats my problem. everybody loves their own setup. i havent come across someone that has had each of them. if anybody would be willing to take me for a ride i would pay them (nothing insane) cuz i need to decide on my own...i think

blkp42e
06-19-2007, 01:34 PM
i have a 5.0 with trickflow heads and a Vortech S-trim.

im in the north hills if you wanted to somewhat get a feel for a vortech? not sure how similar it would be with all the mods i have around it though

fastfox91
06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
i havent owned both however ive road in both alot i do like the way a kb lays down power almost off idle however they fell like they tend to fall off on the high end. on the vortech side of it the power comes in later in the rpm range which is what i perfer. i like to feel that boost come on at about 3500 - 4000 adn plant your ass in the seat not quite as hard of a hit as a turbo but very similar but like everyone already said it more of preference and what you plan to do with the car

Twin01cobra
06-19-2007, 04:00 PM
You may also want to consider a turbo setup, I think that is the way to go for any forced induction setup. I will have my car back real soon and will be glad to take you for a ride in it.

SonofaBish
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
You may also want to consider a turbo setup, I think that is the way to go for any forced induction setup. I will have my car back real soon and will be glad to take you for a ride in it.

i'm going to highly agree with this :goodidea: haha, obviously...

however, only if cost is no option... turbo kits get VERY pricy..

03 OW SVT
06-19-2007, 04:18 PM

John saw your car on Friday...They were working on the plumbing for the twins...It looks bitchin :twothumbsup:

I've had both a turbo and a supercharger... If I had the money i'd go with a turbo or two

KBCobra
06-19-2007, 04:48 PM
im planning on buying a supercharger by the end of the summer. the only problem is what kind i want. im not sure if i want the twin screw (kenne bell) or a vortech. i have no experience with either one so its hard to decide between the two.

if anybody has an opinion on which is better please help me out.

i have a black 2001 gt

I'll take you for a ride, I have a KB. We usually go to quaker steak lube in robinson tues nights, we planned on tonight but I think the rain is going to take over. You should meet us up there sometime, we go every tuesday weather permitting.

Jcelli04
06-19-2007, 08:31 PM
sounds good KB cobra. im always up in robinson im surprised ive never seen ya around. PM me next time you plan something

SonofaBish
06-19-2007, 09:06 PM
I'll take you for a ride, I have a KB. We usually go to quaker steak lube in robinson tues nights, we planned on tonight but I think the rain is going to take over. You should meet us up there sometime, we go every tuesday weather permitting.

yes, and there is usually some regular eaton cobras there as well...

if all goes as it should, i will be there this upcoming tuesday! with my finished car

Rodeheaver's
06-19-2007, 09:23 PM
well, let me try and put into perspective, a roots type builds tons on bottom end torque(street friendly) a cyntrifigal builds tons of high end power ( more track friendly). i would deff prefer a roots on the street.And turbos are a super hassel either way

wick
06-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Where in Carnegie are you?

Jcelli04
06-19-2007, 11:45 PM
right above the borough building up on the hill. close to 7th ave park. how about you?

Wolfpack Speed
06-20-2007, 12:36 AM
for your average street car...kb, whipple, eaton etc all the way:awsome:

turbostang3.8L
06-20-2007, 10:27 AM
i would go with the KB over the vortec imo... but yeah if you went with the centrifical vortec just go TURBO! like me hahahaha

blkp42e
06-20-2007, 11:22 AM
there is quite the price difference between the 2 also. may wanna put some thought into your budget

turbostang3.8L
06-20-2007, 11:36 AM
there is quite the price difference between the 2 also. may wanna put some thought into your budget

that also can limit your choise.... lol but i dont think he mentioned a budget

blkp42e
06-20-2007, 12:00 PM
yea. but it's still something that should probably be considered. especially with the supporting mods (fuel) required/tuning

Twin01cobra
06-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Nice thing about a turbo is you can control boost easier which will allow you to run less boost with better results than a supercharger. Boost for boost a turbo will produce more HP and TQ. I had a procharger and was happy with it for the most part, I was running 13#s of boost and had about 511 rwhp, but that was with a new belt at 6200 rpm's, after the belt stretched it would drop to 10#s. There was also belt slippage and alot of belt dust always on my motor, I got tired of that so that's why I went turbo this time. Terry took me for a ride in a 01 Bullitt he built with a 66mm helion kit, car hardly had any timing in it 12* and was only running 9#s of boost, and that car was just plain nasty, could only imagine what it's going to be like when he turns up the boost and gets the tune dialed in, and thats on a 2 valve.

Jcelli04
06-20-2007, 05:04 PM
money is an issue for me but i want to do it right the first time so that later on down the road i dont decide i want something different and have to spend even more money. turbo is pretty much out. i dont have the 8 grand for a TT kit so thats out. id love to not have to spend 5 grand on a KB but i have a feeling thats what im gonna want.

wick
06-20-2007, 05:08 PM
right above the borough building up on the hill. close to 7th ave park. how about you?

Roslyn Heights. Go up Campbells Run about 100 ft across the bus way. Turn right on railroad. Up on top of that hill. I can look at the Condo's on the other side of campbells run.

wick
06-20-2007, 05:10 PM
money is an issue for me but i want to do it right the first time so that later on down the road i dont decide i want something different and have to spend even more money. turbo is pretty much out. i dont have the 8 grand for a TT kit so thats out. id love to not have to spend 5 grand on a KB but i have a feeling thats what im gonna want.

8 grand for twins? Damn. Mine are way less than that. WAY LESS.

Jcelli04
06-20-2007, 06:24 PM
ok so i was a little off. 6 grand... still to much money for me.

http://modularpowerhouse.com/product_info.php?cPath=55_63&products_id=123&osCsid=36b0835fef00058f72d1d7a3bd893ee7

Jcelli04
06-20-2007, 06:25 PM
i have a bunch of friends that live up around you. i think i saw u at family video last summer. do you have a red 5.0?

blkp42e
06-20-2007, 10:34 PM
have a local shop fab you a kit up? im sure Domination could make you a kit. or buy used? only thing that you could need to buy that may be worn out is new turbos and that wont be much of a problem.

hit the classifieds of www.turbomustangs.com

wick
06-20-2007, 10:59 PM
i have a bunch of friends that live up around you. i think i saw u at family video last summer. do you have a red 5.0?

Thats possible. I was there 2 or 3 times. Yes, I do have a red 5.0

Also, I am doing my twins for around a grand. 2 tops. tuning will be about the same cost as the turbos. So a total of way less than 2 G's and I will be boosted.

Jcelli04
06-20-2007, 11:09 PM
well you need to let me know how abouts your doing that because twin turbos would be nice

wick
06-21-2007, 05:48 PM
well you need to let me know how abouts your doing that because twin turbos would be nice

HAHAH I figured you would say something like that. Turbo's are the cheap part. I can fab your pipes after I do mine and get the way that I want them to go. You can see how it looks. Thats this winter's project. I am gathering parts right now. Just need to get another set of shortie headers. I sold mine and put long tubes on. Now I need the shortie ones back. HAHA Gotta do some more shopping.

Twin01cobra
06-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Thats possible. I was there 2 or 3 times. Yes, I do have a red 5.0

Also, I am doing my twins for around a grand. 2 tops. tuning will be about the same cost as the turbos. So a total of way less than 2 G's and I will be boosted.

I wish my twin turbo project was 2 grand, I have over 5 grand in parts alone.

Jcelli04
06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
yeah that sounds more like what i was expecting