PDA

View Full Version : Subframe Question

MinGry03
05-31-2007, 09:19 AM
I have been looking around for some quality sub-frame connectors and from what I read, the Maximum Motorsports sub-frame connectors are the best. Who do you think has the best sub-frame connectors and who do you think does the best installation? I just don't want some muffin head welding on my car and not know what they are doing or catch my car on fire.

J-rod
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Tim does great work and has done many subframes for people here on scs.

Rodeheaver's
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
well, the best one out there are through the floor sub frames but they are really costly and you have to remove your interior...

scott5
05-31-2007, 09:25 AM
i am gettin tim to do mine after i get my alum driveshaft

393rag
05-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Timmy does excellent subframe work and actually makes his own. I have them on my car and they are really nice.

scott5
05-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Timmy does excellent subframe work and actually makes his own. I have them on my car and they are really nice.

thats the kind that im getting put on:woot1:

Chris00GT
05-31-2007, 10:07 AM
I have the Maximum Motorsports on my 00GT and they are good subframes, but a pain to weld on due to all the gusets and little plates you have to weld in. I then installed Steeda's full length on my 91LX after see'ing them on customers cars. I like they because they came with torque box plates for the rear control arms and were a heavy duty subframe. Steeda is my first choice followed by maximum motorsports.

Domination
05-31-2007, 10:13 AM
We have used Maximum for other suspension components. They have some very nice stuff. I have no complaints about Laural Mtns full leagnth ones either. The absolute best would be to have a set fabbed and set into your floor pan. Which ever way you decide to go, Rodeheaver's or us at Domination Chassis can make it happen.

Rodeheaver's
05-31-2007, 11:28 AM
We have used Maximum for other suspension components. They have some very nice stuff. I have no complaints about Laural Mtns full leagnth ones either. The absolute best would be to have a set fabbed and set into your floor pan. Which ever way you decide to go, Rodeheaver's or us at Domination Chassis can make it happen.
X2:twothumbsup:

fx-man
05-31-2007, 12:08 PM
I've had the MM ones on since sep02 and they appreciably stiffened the car, your best bet is custom fabbed (see above) but for the ready made ones MM are pretty good.

MinGry03
05-31-2007, 12:11 PM
What do you think the average cost is for the custom made or pre-fab installed? Also how long would it take? I really do not like leaving my car just anywhere.

Domination
05-31-2007, 12:20 PM
What do you think the average cost is for the custom made or pre-fab installed? Also how long would it take? I really do not like leaving my car just anywhere.

I would ball park install of a pre fabbed set around 4 hours, or at Domination Chassis 200-250 range.

Custom fab ones range from simple straight bars to very intricate channelled in under-chassis braces. Its not really possible to quote custom work when its still pretty vague what want.

MinGry03
05-31-2007, 12:39 PM
I would ball park install of a pre fabbed set around 4 hours, or at Domination Chassis 200-250 range.

Custom fab ones range from simple straight bars to very intricate channelled in under-chassis braces. Its not really possible to quote custom work when its still pretty vague what want.

I am not going to be road racing but I may take it to the track a few times. I just need something to keep the car from twisting.

somethingclever
05-31-2007, 01:19 PM
My cobra has the Kenny Brown Matrix setup...ladder bracing, jacking rail...etc.

Extremely stiff and from what i understand the best ones next to custom through the floor units. It's an expensive install (lots of welding) but you always get what you pay for.

I heard KB went out of buisness and then heard someone else bought them and the rights to their products. Someone else may be able to chime in if their products are still available.

I've open tracked, autocrossed, and drag raced my car and it feels pretty solid. The best way to tell is when i jack up the front corner and the whole car lifts up. :)

Sonic03snake
05-31-2007, 02:07 PM
I have a set of our full lenth ones on my car. For 81.95 they are unmatched.:goodidea:

Rodeheaver's
05-31-2007, 02:30 PM
it seems like you only want to beat your car around maybe a few times a year so i would deff recommend sub frames but it sounds like you dont need anything crazy, just some lmms or something like the ones i make... if you buy the lmms i would charge 100$ for install, if you want mine they are 250$ installed (includes torque box plates)

Viper_ed
05-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Here's some pics of the ones Timmy (Rodeheaver's) made for my car. He tied them into the bottom of my cage, but it will give you a general idea.

BoneCrusher
05-31-2007, 04:14 PM
I have a set of our full lenth ones on my car. For 81.95 they are unmatched.:goodidea:

PJ these are the ones I have on mine and like Lou said for the price they are awesome. They stiffened my ride up and I can jack the whole side of the car up when lifting the car with one floor jack.

Wolfpack Speed
05-31-2007, 07:40 PM
PJ,

i have the mm's on the cobra, if i have time to throw it up on the lift i'll take some pics if you would like. imo you don't need anything crazy, just a good set like mm's, lmm's, steeda etc. good luck either way, let me know if you need them installed

Domination
06-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Just in case you where interested, I thought I'd show some examples of our work too.

Some plate to floor pan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/Jaycoop/CIMG0324.jpg

A mid car cross bar sectioned into the tranny hump

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/Jaycoop/CIMG0406.jpg

and just for fun, some TIG'ed mild steel using 308 rod

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/Jaycoop/CIMG0960.jpg

Wolfpack Speed
06-01-2007, 09:36 AM
looks good!

Martin0660
06-01-2007, 11:59 AM

Agreed. I have them on mine, they fit perfect, priced right, and a reasonable install. As brest I've seen, they are a direct copy of the Steeda parts (torque box plate, seat braces, etc)

Bob Myers

Rodeheaver's
06-01-2007, 12:55 PM
those fricken pics i took are terrible, trust me my welds look close to dominations in person...

Viper_ed
06-01-2007, 01:06 PM
those fricken pics i took are terrible, trust me my welds look close to dominations in person...

:rollingfloorrlol: No one ever accused you of being a Photographer or ever will!!! :no:

You're a Welder and a Gearhead and you alway will be!!! A dam fine one too!!! :awsome: