PDA

View Full Version : Newb in Blairsville

Cartel
05-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Howdy! I just moved up here for a year to go to school in bliarsville at wyotech. I live in Texas but call PA home for now. So far im bored out of my mind. I havent found a local lightning club so on nloc.net they told me this was the closest id get. So maybe I can start meeting some poeple and hopefully some other L owners.

03 OW SVT
05-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Welcome.. got pix?

There are a few L's on here :goodidea:

Viper_ed
05-29-2007, 02:12 PM
:welcome4:

You're the 2nd member we've had on here that came from Texas to go to school at Wyotech and we have a few members that have graduated from there.

Stangzrule
05-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Welcome to SCS.

BoneCrusher
05-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Welcome what ya got done to your L? FYI tool is playing in Youngstown, OH July 1st in a small venue. It's about 2 hours from here me and some of my friends already have tickets.

Cartel
05-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I dont have any pics yet but ill get some up soon. Its basically bone stock I actually picked it up 3 months ago in west chester pa drove home then 2 months later drove it back up here for school. Hey I got a good deal on it so I didnt mind the drive.

I really really want to go to that concert but im actually flying back in that day from texas at 3. So im not sure if i want to make the hike yet. I went to their concert in dallas last sept and it was probably one of the best things iv ever done. Im trying to see if a buddy of mine wants go so who knows maybe ill make it. I have a gf in maryland and I was going to go to the one in baltimore but ended up not being able to so im still crossing my fingers.

But thanks for the welcome guys I hope to make the best of my short visit here.

KBCobra
05-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Welcome bro!!

Be careful with them cops in blairsville, there out to get everyone. My Ex G/F graduated from there last summer so I was always out that way, cops are nuts lol

SonofaBish
05-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Welcome bro!!

Be careful with them cops in blairsville, there out to get everyone. My Ex G/F graduated from there last summer so I was always out that way, cops are nuts lol

True Story... Garrett will tell you - he lives in blairsville..
I grew up about 20-25 mins from Blairsville, just west of Indiana

Welcome aboard!!:highfive:

393rag
05-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Welcome to our little home on the Interweb.:goodidea:

scott5
05-29-2007, 03:40 PM
welcome.. there are some l's that are on here..

Troll
05-29-2007, 04:24 PM
//////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

no1fordgirl
05-29-2007, 04:41 PM
:welcome4:

Just because you will only be in PA for a year, doesnt mean ya gotta quit the site. Enjoy your stay, however long it will be :) Glad to have ya here.

INSANELY CRAZY
05-29-2007, 05:12 PM
welcome to scs

One Sweet Day
05-29-2007, 08:15 PM
http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/0/851qbn390awi9.gif

low12lightning
05-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the site. I graduated from Wyotech about a year and a half ago. Blairsville douchebags... also known as cops really love loud lightnings. Here is a link of my truck

http://www.steelcitystangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3049

low12lightning
05-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Or chech the thread titled "T.j. has the best luck"

Sonic03snake
05-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for signing up!!!!:goodidea:

White5.0
05-29-2007, 10:05 PM
welcome

sweeney1030
05-29-2007, 11:08 PM
I have lived 15 miles from wyotech for thirty years, the blairville cops wont run out state route 217 to rt 286. its a seven mile two lane black top that was laid for coal truck traffic that I,ve seen 135 on in a well prepped 90 linc lsc , only problem is that now the Indiana state police barracks is near the other end. I know most all the salvage yard owners in about a thirty mile radius- went to school with some and raced others. theirs plenty of action you just have to know where to look. the administration wont give you a map to the good spots so if you get lost pm me for directions and welcome to the site, keep an eye out for me I run a su green 01 coupe and a black caged 86 Iroc with edelbrock rims- both have nice taillights to follow . Check out Vello Performance in Indiana near IUP ask for brian tell him Jack sent you, he is a mustang freak

Cartel
05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! The truck is only the most rare Lightning color black...haha. As for the cops yeah iv heard stories iv made sure to stay out of the boost while here. I open it up going to baltimore though. A few guys here got decals made that say Wyotech is NOT a crime. I hear they are really crazy around here kinda odd since if it wasnt for the school this town would have been taken off the map. Oh well.

I got a quick question and figured no need to start a new thread. I need someone to do a plug change and to clean my intercooler. Know anybody in the area who can do it a speed shop or something? I really dont have the time or place to do it at my apartment so I cant really do it myself or id dig in.

And yeah IUP is about the only entertaining thing iv found so far.

sweeney1030
05-29-2007, 11:16 PM
call brian at vello performace I forget the number but its listed. his place is near the tennis courts beside the wyotech flop dorm ( there a bunch of you guys there).

low12lightning
05-29-2007, 11:17 PM
I work for Domination chassis(they sponsor this site.) We can definatly help you out with that. Changing plugs on a lightning is no easy task! 412-999-1910 give us a call and we can hook you up

PaxtonShelby
05-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Welcome to SCS! I just signed up early on Tuesday and have received the red carpet treatment. Everyone is nice and wants to know the details about your car / truck. Enjoy!!

shawnsvtcobra
05-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Welcome to SCS.

Steve-0
05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the site and the area! I graduated from Wyotech in march and everything that has been said is completely true about the cops. Ive had my fair shair for run ins with them and its not very fun. Have a good time and learn as much as possible without falling into the retarded "tecker" category.:thumbsup:

Domination
05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! The truck is only the most rare Lightning color black...haha. As for the cops yeah iv heard stories iv made sure to stay out of the boost while here. I open it up going to baltimore though. A few guys here got decals made that say Wyotech is NOT a crime. I hear they are really crazy around here kinda odd since if it wasnt for the school this town would have been taken off the map. Oh well.

I got a quick question and figured no need to start a new thread. I need someone to do a plug change and to clean my intercooler. Know anybody in the area who can do it a speed shop or something? I really dont have the time or place to do it at my apartment so I cant really do it myself or id dig in.

And yeah IUP is about the only entertaining thing iv found so far.

2 Lick resevoir is a hell of a good time if you like girls and beer!

vello
05-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the reference Sweeney! Talk to you later.

www.velloperformance.com

SonofaBish
05-30-2007, 09:28 PM
A few guys here got decals made that say Wyotech is NOT a crime. I hear they are really crazy around here kinda odd since if it wasnt for the school this town would have been taken off the map. Oh well.

to the contrary, it was a much nicer town before wyotech came...

low12lightning
05-30-2007, 10:41 PM
to the contrary, it was a much nicer town before wyotech came...

How in the hell are you going to say it was better before Wyotech??? No jobs, horrible economy, and low standard of living. But hey i guess they had that whole heroin thing going for them.

Cartel
05-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah I drive like a grandma around here but hey it saves gas and keeps me out of trouble. About the town well thats just what iv heard so who knows what this place was like before. I was at a Sobriety (sp?) check point the other night and the cop said you go to school here? I said yes and he said you must be doing good because I havent seen you yet. So yeah home is far far away I cant get in trouble out here.

Yeah we were hitting up IUP for awhile but they left for the summer. Same with Penn State we went over there a couple times but for now we just gotta sit on our hands and wait for them to start back up.

I actually moved up here with 3 other high school friends and we all got an apartment together. So its nice and yeah most of the wyotech kids are wierd so we try to stay away. Not to mention everyones in some form of rice. Bussiness managment class blows though....

Hey Sonofabish seeing your bird makes me want my old car back. I had a 00 Firehawk. Loved that thing to death until some guy decided that red didnt mean stop and totaled it. :rolleyes: I still wish I was in a 6-speed ls1 but oh well I wanted to get into something different and thought a fast truck would be diff enough. Plus since i have a bronco it made me all blue oval. The faces people make when you beat them with a love seat in the back...

And thanks for the references guys ill try to hit up vello fri afternoon and see what he can do.
And since im already rambling I get to go home in 3 weeks!:laughing1: I cant wait I came from what I thought was a small town of 80,000 to 3,000 talk about big shock. So now its summer all my friends are home and i cant wait to crank up my bronco on 38's take the top off and go cruising!

Ok this is way too long and I should prob hit the sack. Thanks for the advice guys and sorry for the long senseless post.

SonofaBish
05-31-2007, 06:47 AM
How in the hell are you going to say it was better before Wyotech??? No jobs, horrible economy, and low standard of living. But hey i guess they had that whole heroin thing going for them.

heroin thing? wtf r u talking about?
It was just an average west-central PA town with the same characteristics as most of the other little towns around. Very few of these towns have jobs for all of their residents - and they're fine with that - to drive a few miles to work is the price you pay for peaceful, non-city living.
And wyotech brought nothing to the economy except for a few teaching jobs, probably of which very few, if any, went to actual people that were from Blairsville/surrounding area. They were not in need of an "economy" as you refer to it.
Everythign in that town, what little there is, was there long before wyotech. And what do you think wyotech has done to the standard of living? You think its made things better? ha, if so, i guess the joke is on me... cuz I would be apalled if you really thought that some trade school that brought a couple thousand fart-canned college kids into town is going to better the standard of living.

if you need an example, without IUP, a major university, Indiana's economy would halter..... wyotech has done absolutely nothing for the entire area.... people come, get their training adn then leave again.... the area sees no benefits from the graduates.

SonofaBish
05-31-2007, 06:51 AM
Hey Sonofabish seeing your bird makes me want my old car back. I had a 00 Firehawk. Loved that thing to death until some guy decided that red didnt mean stop and totaled it. :rolleyes: I still wish I was in a 6-speed ls1 but oh well I wanted to get into something different and thought a fast truck would be diff enough. Plus since i have a bronco it made me all blue oval. The faces people make when you beat them with a love seat in the back...

ahh, too bad... would have been a nice ride

Domination
05-31-2007, 01:03 PM
heroin thing? wtf r u talking about?
It was just an average west-central PA town with the same characteristics as most of the other little towns around. Very few of these towns have jobs for all of their residents - and they're fine with that - to drive a few miles to work is the price you pay for peaceful, non-city living.
And wyotech brought nothing to the economy except for a few teaching jobs, probably of which very few, if any, went to actual people that were from Blairsville/surrounding area. They were not in need of an "economy" as you refer to it.
Everythign in that town, what little there is, was there long before wyotech. And what do you think wyotech has done to the standard of living? You think its made things better? ha, if so, i guess the joke is on me... cuz I would be apalled if you really thought that some trade school that brought a couple thousand fart-canned college kids into town is going to better the standard of living.

if you need an example, without IUP, a major university, Indiana's economy would halter..... wyotech has done absolutely nothing for the entire area.... people come, get their training adn then leave again.... the area sees no benefits from the graduates.

I believe walmart has said the only reason they built a store in Blairsville was because of Wyotech. So there is 60 some jobs alone. Many restruants are there becuase of the population increase. The population of blairsville increased somthing like 30% when Wyotech moved in. Everykid there has to buy food, gas, clothes, etc from the area. That money doesnt go to the community?? Last of all i moved here from Michigan to go to school at Wyotech. I stayed there and payed income tax the 50 some thousand i made my first year out of school. Many students stay somewhat local and pay taxes, pay for goods, and pay for services locally which goes right into the community. How can you deny that?

SonofaBish
05-31-2007, 01:31 PM
I believe walmart has said the only reason they built a store in Blairsville was because of Wyotech. So there is 60 some jobs alone. Many restruants are there becuase of the population increase. The population of blairsville increased somthing like 30% when Wyotech moved in. Everykid there has to buy food, gas, clothes, etc from the area. That money doesnt go to the community?? Last of all i moved here from Michigan to go to school at Wyotech. I stayed there and payed income tax the 50 some thousand i made my first year out of school. Many students stay somewhat local and pay taxes, pay for goods, and pay for services locally which goes right into the community. How can you deny that?

I'm not sure about the walmart thing... i just know it was there before wyotech was.... as far as the rest of it, i think you'd find that most native blairsville people always did, and still do go to Indiana for almost everything.. its a whopping 15 mins away... and what all stores to students buy food, gas, clothing, etc at?? theres a walmart, a dairy queen, a mcdonalds, and a sheetz... its not like there has been an economic boom and sudden increase in retail stores or anything b/c of wyotech... all of those restaurants/stores were there before wyotech, like i said... ---- ok, i agree, there probably wouldnt be an advance auto parts or a Movie gallery there if it werent for wyotech, so ya got me there....

all of that is irrelavant when it comes down to the statement i argued against... which was that you said blairsville would be wiped off the map if it werent for wyotech.... (edit: cartel said this, but you agreed) which, as i argued, is a total fallacy.... the town and almost everythign in it were tehre before wyotech, and were doing just fine wihtout wyotech... and from what i hear from people back home, pretty much everyone wishes the school had never been built there...

as far as jobs... i dont know how many stay and how many go - that woudl be for a career services office at wyotech to tell you... but what i do know is that there arent enough jobs in Indiana county to have a large population of students stay... particularly not in the specialty fields they are trained in

the havoc that wyotech has caused far surpasses any advantages that it has brought to the town of blairsville. But you wouldnt know that - b/c you didnt grow up in the area... its seriously hilarious to me that you guys think you have made that area so much better....

i'm not saying that all wyotech kids are the same... and that they're all bad... why i only know maybe 1 or 2 people that have gone there.... so don't get me wrong here... but i drive through blairsville 2-4 times a week, and i see the schmucks that populate the area...

and i'm not defending blairsville b/c i liek the place... hell, it was a rival town to where i grew up, so i by no means like anyone there... but wyotech people talk out their asses and hold themselves in such high esteem and think that they've made blairsville such a great place, they're badly mistaken.... i'm not implying that you, nor cartel and you guys' group of friends are among the people that have done it... but it can't be denied... wyotech has made blairsville what it is today... and that's not in a better way

Domination
05-31-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure about the walmart thing... i just know it was there before wyotech was.... as far as the rest of it, i think you'd find that most native blairsville people always did, and still do go to Indiana for almost everything.. its a whopping 15 mins away... and what all stores to students buy food, gas, clothing, etc at?? theres a walmart, a dairy queen, a mcdonalds, and a sheetz... its not like there has been an economic boom and sudden increase in retail stores or anything b/c of wyotech... all of those restaurants/stores were there before wyotech, like i said... ---- ok, i agree, there probably wouldnt be an advance auto parts or a Movie gallery there if it werent for wyotech, so ya got me there....

all of that is irrelavant when it comes down to the statement i argued against... which was that you said blairsville would be wiped off the map if it werent for wyotech.... (edit: cartel said this, but you agreed) which, as i argued, is a total fallacy.... the town and almost everythign in it were tehre before wyotech, and were doing just fine wihtout wyotech... and from what i hear from people back home, pretty much everyone wishes the school had never been built there...

as far as jobs... i dont know how many stay and how many go - that woudl be for a career services office at wyotech to tell you... but what i do know is that there arent enough jobs in Indiana county to have a large population of students stay... particularly not in the specialty fields they are trained in

the havoc that wyotech has caused far surpasses any advantages that it has brought to the town of blairsville. But you wouldnt know that - b/c you didnt grow up in the area... its seriously hilarious to me that you guys think you have made that area so much better....

i'm not saying that all wyotech kids are the same... and that they're all bad... why i only know maybe 1 or 2 people that have gone there.... so don't get me wrong here... but i drive through blairsville 2-4 times a week, and i see the schmucks that populate the area...

and i'm not defending blairsville b/c i liek the place... hell, it was a rival town to where i grew up, so i by no means like anyone there... but wyotech people talk out their asses and hold themselves in such high esteem and think that they've made blairsville such a great place, they're badly mistaken.... i'm not implying that you, nor cartel and you guys' group of friends are among the people that have done it... but it can't be denied... wyotech has made blairsville what it is today... and that's not in a better way

I think you are very uninformed on the sitution... We have different opinions.

SonofaBish
05-31-2007, 03:02 PM
I think you are very uninformed on the sitution... We have different opinions.

what am i uninformed on? i lived in that area for 19 years....
u say blairville would be crap without wyotech... i say blairsville was a quieter, better place before wyotech... so i guess we indeed to have different opinions...

weareweird69
05-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Here, lets solve this.

Blairsville sucks, it sucked before, and now since Wyotech came in, The cops suck more than ever, There are more car wrecks, more accidents, more chases.... Wal-mart came in because of Wyotech, and thats ALL that wyotech has brought in as far as businesses...

And Bish, There was a big heroin boom here, it is true, and its still there, just not as bad.

Before wyotech, this hellhole was peaceful, and you could get away with almost anything. But now the Law has gotten out of hand, and you cant do jack here anymore.

Oh well, times change, I dont really give a shit lol But, Blairsville sucked before, and it still sucks now, just with more people.

Now, back on topic! woo
Ive seen your Black Lightning running around, and you'd never know but there are Three SVT's that can see Wyotech from their stables ;) So Welcome, and your going home already?

SonofaBish
05-31-2007, 04:15 PM
And Bish, There was a big heroin boom here, it is true, and its still there, just not as bad.

it wasnt til i read ur quote that i realized what he was talking about...
i was thing Hero vs. Heroin - lol, when i said "wtf are you talking about" i mean literally, what the hell do you mean? that's why it made no sense... i wasnt thinking of it as drugs... :doh:

weareweird69
05-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Tard haha its BLAIRSVILLE, COMMON.... The only Hero's here are the ones that leave. lol

5k#Eaton
05-31-2007, 09:41 PM
welcome

Cartel
05-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Whoa whoa wasnt trying to start anything here fellas. My comment what was by what I heard and this was even from a teacher who grew up in indiana and lives in blairsville thats all. Your right I havent lived here so who knows I was just going by word of mouth. And yeah I can see why people would hate the kids because most them are retarded. Thats why me and my other 3 buddies try to be as nice and polite around here. Youll never see use messing around either because the other kids already do enough to mess things up for the rest of us guys trying to be right. So yes it is our fault we have a shisty rep around here but like said above me this place sucks and lets just leave it at that haha.

If it says here...hemi...hemi!!! and has a Texas Area Lightning Owners North (TALON) decals on the back then thats me! Where do you stay at maybe we can chat sometime? I really just need to start meeting some people one of the main reasons i found this site. By reading your post do you have a barn on a hill that can see wyotech? If thats retarded then im sorry maybe im trying to read between the lines too much. Wait I just thought about this after reading your sig. Where you driving the sonic blue cobra on mon? I was at the car wash and saw it go by a couple times. You got on the skinny pedal once and it sounded nice. By far my favorite color.

weareweird69
06-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Not in a barn, But actually on the street behind that car wash.
Thanks man! I saw ya there, and gave it a little for ya.
Yeah, thats my Sonic Cobra. Got a Gen 1 and my mom got a 98 Cobra too. Its our weakness haha

I am always around man, all you gotta do is track me down, which is usually at my house. But now I am in Carlisle soooo im not home now.
But, if I see ya, ill stop somewhere or somethin, and you can meet someone that actually knows what u drive haha