PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Silverado SCT handheld X4 tuner questions...

Troll
04-06-2017, 09:54 PM
God knows I'm in dire straits if I'm asking you peeps for help... SCT hotline closes at 6:00pm.

I picked up a SCT X4 tuner for my truck, loaded up the 93 octane tune, no problem, go for ride, speedo is WAY off ??? I clicked "stock" in the options area for axle ratio. My truck has 3.08 from the factory. double-checked window sticker. went back into tune and hit the axle ratio area and I see you can click the box for 3.08 and there is no listing for 3.42. I know that most Silverados with the 5.3 come from the factory with 3.42.

Does anybody know what SCT plugs in for stock rear axle? The fact that I couldn't see 3.42 in the drop-down area tells me it's 3.42. Anyway, I re-programmed it with the 3.08 box checked and it seems normal now. The only RPM's I remember from before is about 1,550 at 70mph in 6th gear. Will have to check on highway when I get a chance. Just checking to see what anybody else has noticed.

Thanks...

Troll
04-07-2017, 07:25 PM
got a free speedo app on my nobama phone... everything is on point now. thanks for all the help. :awsome: