PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Mustang GT in Cheswick Springdale for sale

Donstang86
03-11-2016, 03:02 PM
https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5486480176.html

I saw this car in person and she is really sweet. Perfect foxbody for one of the guys!

PaxtonShelby
03-11-2016, 03:28 PM
Is it me or is that price strong by about $2-3k?

Plus it has the bad heads from '86.

Miles are nice but not liking the wheels for that money.

Or I am just out of touch with the market ( probable )

Donstang86
03-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Is it me or is that price strong by about $2-3k?

Plus it has the bad heads from '86.

Miles are nice but not liking the wheels for that money.

Or I am just out of touch with the market ( probable )

Price is dictated whith what people are buying and spending. Black clean and straight body would be hard to find. And she looked realy good. Market for a good foxbody would be $5K avg with a super clean version going $7K-8K. Drive train makes a difference. If I would go and sell mine today, I would ask $9000 (even though I would probably not get it). Again, compared to the rusted out ones, the nice ones would stand out!

Now here is the problem. If you have $9000 cash, would you buy a 30 year old Mustang or put that as a deposit on a newer one where you can get finacing? The right owner would pay the $ if the 86 was what he wanted. Throw a modular 5.0 in her and the $ are doubled.

The notchbacks ar really going to bring the bucks in the coming year. Just my opinion which means nothing lol!

somethingclever
03-11-2016, 03:45 PM
i think 2-3k strong...clean looking car but lack of modern amenities (cobra discs, 5 lug, nice wheels/tires, suspension/chassis upgrades) hurts the value IMO.

John4cam
03-11-2016, 08:59 PM
These cars are getting harder and harder to find. Shove it in a garage for a few years and probably make a couple bucks..

PaxtonShelby
03-11-2016, 11:23 PM
I should have bought my buddy's '85 GT with 9k miles on it. That was back in the late 90's. Could have had it for $10k. Car was beyond perfect. He rarely drove it, but one time when I visited him in Milwaukee he threw me the keys. Car was so tight and responsive it was silly. Only mod was SVO tail lights. It was a non-A/C roll-up window car in dark metallic red. I wish I would have bought that one and stashed it.

roush08
03-12-2016, 08:15 AM
The notchbacks are really high now in my opinion. When I was finishing up painting my '93 Reef Blue in the fall of '14, I got offered really good $ for it the way it sat. It was up on jack stands with all the windows still out and everything. These cars are getting harder and harder to find not only clean, but if you can find a clean relatively stock one, the sky is the limit on eBay in particular.