PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

scott5
04-07-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377596

was thinking about trading, but got to think about it more and maybe this problem sounds worse than it is. I talked to my buddy today about it cuz he has a 04 that had a tapping noise since 7k miles and drove it with no problems, but his only happened between 2500 and 3k rpms and this happens throughout all rpms. Does any know what would all be involved to fix or should i just stay away and keep looking for something else?

scott5
04-07-2007, 10:24 PM
bump for help

GOT SVT
04-08-2007, 12:04 AM
he posts on mod fords under same name

i rec'd a few pm's from him over there

he was having speednation do the motor swap last i heard

scott5
04-08-2007, 09:27 AM
yea i am pm'd him already and looked at all the posts about it and no one has came up with a solution yet. thats why i figure i would post on here to see if anyone would be able to help me out

INSANELY CRAZY
04-08-2007, 09:30 AM
is he willing to trade you even up? would this be your D/D? if not then i'd say look into more, then trade then just rebuild it...

scott5
04-08-2007, 09:54 AM
yea he would be, atleast thats what i got from the pms. It sorta will be my dd but i use another car to drive to school and such.

Smallville
04-08-2007, 10:12 AM
I remember seeing this guy over on Modularfords. He was looking for T56 swap parts when I was a few months ago. He has some MONEY into that car. Not sure why he isnt just fixing the problem in #5 hole after so much time/money invested. I'd be careful. There are so many things to wonder about that car. How beat the parts REALLY are since they are from various cars. How the swap was done (carefully or just thrown in there). I would definitely want to hear this "knocking" sound before making any judgements though. Could be BAD or could not be! But I would be all over this swapping with him!:goodidea:

He's in Pittsburgh???? Go check it out.

Sonic03snake
04-08-2007, 10:17 AM
He had Terry @ Street Lethal Performance do the swap. I sold him my hood.

Wolfpack Speed
04-08-2007, 12:13 PM
the owner of this car is a nice, honest guy who is in a tough position right now. if your serious about the car and have any questions feel free to call me.

mike

scott5
04-08-2007, 12:16 PM
the owner of this car is a nice, honest guy who is in a tough position right now. if your serious about the car and have any questions feel free to call me.

mike

Yea i pm'd him about meeting up because im really interested. this would be my way to have the power of a cobra but iinsurance of a gt. I am going to be taking my buddy from work who has the same tick in his 04 cobra and was driven it since 7k miles and decided to get it fixed because the tick gets annoying

But would you by chance know what might be wrong? Could it be the head? or whole motor or what?

wick
04-08-2007, 12:23 PM
A bud of mine did this swap. He had a tough time tricking the ecu into thinking it was a '98/'03 for emissions. Once he got it figured out it ran like a raped ape. I'm sure he could help you with any questions you might have. He is a ford tech for Woltz and wind.

u1arunit
04-08-2007, 12:31 PM
A bud of mine did this swap. He had a tough time tricking the ecu into thinking it was a '98/'03 for emissions. Once he got it figured out it ran like a raped ape. I'm sure he could help you with any questions you might have. He is a ford tech for Woltz and wind.

Rob are you talking about Gary the tech?

wick
04-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Rob are you talking about Gary the tech?

Nope, Jerry.

u1arunit
04-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Nope, Jerry.

Ok cool.

Off Topic: I sure would rather be riding today! lol

Smallville
04-08-2007, 12:56 PM
If it's a "knock", would think more bottom end (spun a bearing...etc.)
If it's a "tick", would think more top end. (timing chain guides, valve adjustment, broken spring...etc)

With so many possibilities, and so many internal TSBs on "noises" that these "mod" motors make. Tough to offer any valuable info here! DEFINITELY take a tech with you when you look at it! Worse case,,,,,,motor needs to be pulled from the car and gone through,,,Pretty sure Rodeheaver knows how to do this!!!:goodidea:

But I would say that if others on here have met the guy and give them the thumbs up, and know about of this car, I'd feel comfortable getting serious about getting it!

scott5
04-08-2007, 01:18 PM
i am getting serious about it, but alil nervous and hesitant too because the car i have now has no issues wat so ever besides the low beams not workin and lil worried about trading a car taht i need to put no money in for a car that may need alot of money put into it

Wolfpack Speed
04-09-2007, 04:53 PM
i am getting serious about it, but alil nervous and hesitant too because the car i have now has no issues wat so ever besides the low beams not workin and lil worried about trading a car taht i need to put no money in for a car that may need alot of money put into itthe conversion was done by Terry @ Street Lethal Performance. Terry did a very nice job and it has a Lund Racing tune via an xcal 2. i have been over the car, so like i said...give me a call if you have any questions or concerns or if there is anything i can do.

mike

KeystoneJohnny
04-24-2007, 04:17 PM
He had Terry @ Street Lethal Performance do the swap. I sold him my hood.

What hood did you put on your car?