PDA

View Full Version : Beaverun Time Trial May 21, North Track

Mark Aubele
03-30-2011, 04:24 PM
As stated there will be a TT on the North Track on May 21. Details such as price are not set in stone yet, but it will be less than a flat out day. This is being run as an SCCA Level 2 TT, so only a Snell SA helmet and your car is required. No rollbar required (in street cars).

Basically, if you have any track experience, you will be permitted to enter, it is likely an instructor there will be needing to sign anyone with limited experience off before running solo timed runs. There will be different groups according to experience level. If you have any specific questions please email me at markaubele at hotmail dot com, as I do not get to check the forums all that often, but I will check every so often, so if you are patient, post away.

If you have run a track day before, enter. This is going to be an awesome event.

03 OW SVT
03-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Mark, I have heard that the Beave is under new ownership. I was told it will be a Govt. training facility only. Are you sure this event will still be happening now that it's under new management? If so I think I'll sign up.

Mark Aubele
03-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Mark, I have heard that the Beave is under new ownership. I was told it will be a Govt. training facility only. Are you sure this event will still be happening now that it's under new management? If so I think I'll sign up.

It is happening. It has been planned for some time, then canceled, now approved. Whoever told you that information must enjoy the spreading of rumors, because there are also multiple autocrosses signed off on as well. I will post up any details as soon as I get them (price, etc.).

no1sirbutler
03-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Not to sound stupid....but what exactly is a time trial?

Mark Aubele
03-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Not to sound stupid....but what exactly is a time trial?

It is a race based on lap time. Lowest lap time wins. Basically a track day with sessions in the afternoon that are timed. Ricers call them "Time Attacks".

no1sirbutler
03-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Keep me posted....Im very interested in this.

blizzard
03-30-2011, 11:32 PM
is there a linky?? i don't see it on their site..

ModularMike
03-31-2011, 12:04 AM
I take it you need to have experience on the track to be qualified? What exactly falls under "experience"?

95V6
03-31-2011, 01:25 AM
I want to do this but I have no prior experience would I be turned away? Mark, I want to get into track days and Auto cross this summer, any tips or things I can do to do so?

Thanks!

03 OW SVT
03-31-2011, 04:31 AM
I take it you need to have experience on the track to be qualified? What exactly falls under "experience"?

Mike, I would think a couple/few Flat Out Fridays, would qualify as experienced. At least that's what I'm hoping.:goodidea:

Mark Aubele
03-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Keep me posted....Im very interested in this.

is there a linky?? i don't see it on their site..

http://www.steelcities-scca.org/TimeTrials/index.html

The experience level the organizer says he wants is that you have done a TT on the Wilson Circut at a minimum. Or have done at least a couple track days.

I want to do this but I have no prior experience would I be turned away? Mark, I want to get into track days and Auto cross this summer, any tips or things I can do to do so?

Thanks!

I would probably say no. I would recommend doing a Flat Out Day at Beaverun.

Mike, I would think a couple/few Flat Out Fridays, would qualify as experienced. At least that's what I'm hoping.:goodidea:

I think you would be OK. Just understand going in that there are going to be very fast drivers out there, and it is much more intense than a standard track day.

TYR FRYR
04-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Kevin,
I asked both volunteer and paid instructors about this the last time I was there. According to them, the new owners are planning to make changes, but to continue with a similar track days schedule.
Their website is not up to date and difficult to navigate.
I'll be out of town that weekend, so no TT for me.

Mark Aubele
04-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Price for the event is going to be $125. Will know more information by the end of the week.

Darren
04-05-2011, 09:04 AM
ive been to beaver run before for the FLDs
would that qualify?
other than that ive never really done that type of driving, would i still be allowed?

Mark Aubele
04-05-2011, 10:34 AM
ive been to beaver run before for the FLDs
would that qualify?
other than that ive never really done that type of driving, would i still be allowed?

No. This is on a road course, with speeds (in my stock Cobalt) exceeding 120 mph. You have to at an absolute minimum have been signed off to drive solo at a Flat Out Day, or some other organization. Even then, I (or another instructor) will have to ride in the car with you in the morning practice sessions and decide if you have the ability to be out on the track with others trying to get the fastest lap possible.

If you want to do a track day though, I highly suggest a Flat Out Day at Beaverun. You will be placed with an instructor, and then you can decide if going around corners is for you in a much safer environment.

Mark Aubele
04-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Not getting into details, but the TT at BR is no longer under our club's control, the EMRA is now holding a race/TT the weekend on May 21-22. Information at the link below...

MotorsportReg.com : EMRA - Eastern Motor Racing Assoc. announces EMRA Time Trials at BeaveRun (Sat 21 - Sun 22 May, 2011) info at BeaveRun Motorsports Park, Wampum, PA 16157 (2720) (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/C27205AD-0397-4E2B-90F2AA240309DE6A)

Just glad to see we are still having a TT, although under somewhat differing circumstances.