PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to BR's Flat Out Day this Monday?

TYR FRYR
07-24-2010, 10:33 PM
I am putting that roll cage to good use by going to BeaveRun's Flat Out Day for the second time.
Will anyone from SCS be there?
Note to self: change the brake fluid tomorrow...

TYR FRYR
07-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Looks like that was a NO! The only other Mustang was from NJ.
I had a great day and cannot wait to do it again.

Mark Aubele
07-26-2010, 10:31 PM
If you think you are ready, give one of BR's TT's a try. Nowhere near the Porsche/Corvette/Viper/M3 populous not letting you pass, and you actually get timed. Tons of track time (I actually only run 1/2 sessions we get so much time). I think there is one coming up in August.

03 OW SVT
07-27-2010, 05:54 AM
I forgot this was going on yest. I would have come out to watch. I try and do 1 Flat Out Day, a year. I hope to do one in Aug. Or Sept. They are a blast.

TYR FRYR
07-27-2010, 03:34 PM
If you think you are ready, give one of BR's TT's a try. Nowhere near the Porsche/Corvette/Viper/M3 populous not letting you pass, and you actually get timed. Tons of track time (I actually only run 1/2 sessions we get so much time). I think there is one coming up in August.

Thanks for the advise, Mark.
I'm not close to ready; at the rate I'm going, it may be 2012 before I am:)

The 2 times I've been to FOD, most drivers were 1-2 timers running low a$$hole-quotient cars.
My instructor this time was very good - he races a TransAm and did not have an "only a Mustang" attitude. He even took extra time with me on the sand covered VDA.

I'll almost certainly go again on 8-13.

Mark Aubele
07-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the advise, Mark.
I'm not close to ready; at the rate I'm going, it may be 2012 before I am:)

The 2 times I've been to FOD, most drivers were 1-2 timers running low a$$hole-quotient cars.
My instructor this time was very good - he races a TransAm and did not have an "only a Mustang" attitude. He even took extra time with me on the sand covered VDA.

I'll almost certainly go again on 8-13.

What was his name? Some of the instructors are good, some of the others just sit there and explain why you can't drive the Porsche line in a mustang. I always got a kick out of that. That was YEARS ago though.

TYR FRYR
07-27-2010, 10:49 PM
All I got was "Chris". Not much help there. TransAm - Bike, which he crashed at BR in May - married - business owner - lives more than 90 miles from BR - likes drifting and autocross.

I had a different guy last time - Phil/English/Lotus. He did a good job, too.

Mark Aubele
07-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Cool. Love to see guys get out on track.

TYR FRYR
08-26-2010, 09:27 PM
I went again on 8-13 and really picked up a lot of speed - finally...

Going again tomorrow - 8-27 - with new brake pads.

somethingclever
08-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Be sure to post some pics!

fx-man
08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Now that you have a few track days it's time to hit the hill climbs.:pinkthumb:

AdamantiumSilvr
09-06-2010, 01:51 AM
I got a BR gift certificate from a Pittsburgh Mills Ultimate Car cruise a few weeks back I still gotta use up. Now all's I gotta do is remember where I stashed it so I didn't lose it, lol!

TYR FRYR
09-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Now that you have a few track days it's time to hit the hill climbs.:pinkthumb:

Not to sound totally ignorant, but I barely know what they are.
How can I find out info?

Mark Aubele
09-07-2010, 01:12 PM
YouTube- Rose Valley 2007

This is basically what we do. Close off mountain road, cars race up for fastest time. Have to have a 4 point rollbar (with crossbar), five point harness (minimum), firesuit/gloves/arm restraints (or window net)/shoes. And here is what happens when something breaks in the middle of a turn...

YouTube- Polish Mountain Hillclimb Wreck

TYR FRYR
09-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the info.
I think I'll stay with a track for now. I have a hard enough time staying on it!

I on for FOD on Sunday 9-19. I have 'permission', but I think I'll still get some flak from the fam.

TYR FRYR
09-19-2010, 08:19 PM
I got a BR gift certificate from a Pittsburgh Mills Ultimate Car cruise a few weeks back I still gotta use up. Now all's I gotta do is remember where I stashed it so I didn't lose it, lol!

Did you find that gift cert? Only one more flat out day left!

TYR FRYR
09-19-2010, 08:22 PM
I was back at BR again today and am finally getting the hang of it.
Y'all left a lot of rubber on the back straightaway last week. It made for an interesting obstacle, especially in the cool, rainy morning!

There were a few other Mustangs there. I had time for only this one crappy cell phone pic, but there were 2 other Mustangs in this group, a red '11 and a black '06.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/LKS613/76b92130.jpg

AdamantiumSilvr
09-21-2010, 10:26 PM
...I haven't found that one yet. But last week I got 3 more! I sure hope I can use them up next season! When is the last flat out day this year?

Did you find that gift cert? Only one more flat out day left!