PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Shelby Vert!!!

Wolfpack Speed
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Here is a customer that drove in from Delaware last Friday to have his car tuned. Cobra Jet TB and intake, rest of the car is stock with 1,200 miles on her. After we were finished we dropped him off at the airport and over the next couple weeks will be making some upgrades before he flys back in to pick her up! Here are the mods we will be installing...

Griggs Suspension
Dual Pass Heat Exchanger With Dual Puller Fans
High Capacity Performance Radiator

Just before he left he decided to order a smaller pulley for the blower and we will be tuning her again:thmbsup:

coralcoupe1993
11-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Wow that thing looks great! I love the black Shelbys! :goodidea:

Wolfpack Speed
12-29-2009, 12:27 PM
This was the first chance I had to post up some pictures of the upgrades. I didn't drive the car prior to the GR40 install but this suspension rocks! We also ended up putting a little smaller plower pulley on and retuning the car...

bgblockelcamino
12-29-2009, 05:42 PM
looks sweet. i will have to stop down been a while. been too busy to get out of the shop anymore lol

laz2447
01-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Pulling in customers from everywhere!

Delaware is a nice haul...

Silverstang15
01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
wow thats badasss!!!!!!!

Wolfpack Speed
01-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks guys!

Gastrader1
01-07-2010, 12:32 PM
That looks like a Grigg's GR40 Super Street package with a few options added to it. If you think that is a nice set-up you should drive a Grigg's World Challenge car, SLA, watt's link, etc. Grigg's hands down is a far superior product to the other groups that have "attempted" to copy his products. Mike did you bumpsteer and corner weight that car?

Wolfpack Speed
01-07-2010, 01:29 PM
That looks like a Grigg's GR40 Super Street package with a few options added to it. If you think that is a nice set-up you should drive a Grigg's World Challenge car, SLA, watt's link, etc. Grigg's hands down is a far superior product to the other groups that have "attempted" to copy his products. Mike did you bumpsteer and corner weight that car?

I thought it was a nice product! My only complaint was that they shipped out a $5k suspension kit with $.99 instructions! It's not rocket science but I never installed this particular kit before. There were quite a few pieces to this kit and many different ways things could go and be done. When I finally did get some instructions and pictures there was still a lot to be desired. I ended up with Jon's direct number and spoke with him numerous times to double check things. I was impressed at how well he knew his product, he didn't fumble for answers or have to look things up! As far as the setup goes all I did was neutral everything as this is nothing more then a nice weather street car, the owner will make adjustments from there...

Gastrader1
01-07-2010, 01:42 PM
If you want detailed instructions you buy Maximum Motorsports, but if you want a car that handles Grigg's is the ticket. I was not aware that you were a Grigg's dealer.

Gastrader1
01-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Be glad it was a S197 car and not a SN95. The installation is a lot more involved. The World Challenge rear install is a PIA for sure.

Wolfpack Speed
01-07-2010, 03:04 PM
If you want detailed instructions you buy Maximum Motorsports, but if you want a car that handles Grigg's is the ticket. I was not aware that you were a Grigg's dealer.Brand doesn't matter, all new parts should come with installation instructions from the manufacturer. I don't care what it is for, there is no excuse for anything less.

Gastrader1
01-08-2010, 07:07 AM
I agree that instructions are a critical part of the kit. However, Grigg's installations are usually handled by shops that have had hands on training by Bruce or Jon. This is why Grigg's parts are only available from a Grigg's dealers not some internet storefront. There is a noticable difference between my Grigg's car and my Maximum Motorsports car. They are not even on the same page. I would have never felt that way had i not owned both. In fact cuz and I did the entire MM install on my 03 in my garage on a very long cold Saturday years ago. I would never have attempted to do this with the Grigg's install.

Wolfpack Speed
01-08-2010, 08:37 AM
I agree that instructions are a critical part of the kit. However, Grigg's installations are usually handled by shops that have had hands on training by Bruce or Jon. This is why Grigg's parts are only available from a Grigg's dealers not some internet storefront. There is a noticable difference between my Grigg's car and my Maximum Motorsports car. They are not even on the same page. I would have never felt that way had i not owned both. In fact cuz and I did the entire MM install on my 03 in my garage on a very long cold Saturday years ago. I would never have attempted to do this with the Grigg's install.I have heard many say the same thing when comparing the 2...