PDA

View Full Version : Who here runs an AOD?

FineLineMtrSprt
02-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Just checkin guys..im shopping for a few Stangs and because of my recent situation i MIGHT have to settle for a slush box model. so iw as just wondering who here is running an AOD in a fox body with the basic bolt on's or whatever else and what are your times? Just wondering guys..thanks.

Vince

J-rod
02-16-2007, 09:30 PM
im running one with a shift kit...times i have no clue. if it runs come dyno day ill have some numbers and i think late april is a track day.

FineLineMtrSprt
02-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Whos shift kit you running. What's all done to your stang?

J-rod
02-16-2007, 09:34 PM
B&M shift kit
BBK u/d pulley (not installed yet)
MAC CAI
FMS wires
FMS shorty headers
o/r H pipe
Flowmaster catback
upper/lower control arms
3.73 rear gear
LX tails

it runs good....so im told :rofl:

fast4ord
02-16-2007, 09:44 PM
I ran one for a while with a Bauman shift kit, it ran ok, i switched to a tremec 3550. Just bought a car with an aod, but its messed up, going to swap to t-5.

George C
02-16-2007, 09:45 PM
i have a built one lying around....not being used

Balaska347
02-16-2007, 11:45 PM
I run an Art Carr AOD in my 88 stang that has 3 full seasons (200 passes) of racing and about 17,000 street miles on it. I love it. I also run an Art Carr 9.5" convertor with a hardened imput shaft. The car runs 11.40's right off the street. It has an Art Carr manual valve body, but I used a stock one when the car ran mid 12's and it worked fine.

Balaska347
02-16-2007, 11:47 PM
i have a built one lying around....not being used

Are you looking to sell it? If you are, what is done to it, and who built it?

87notch
02-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Just checkin guys..im shopping for a few Stangs and because of my recent situation i MIGHT have to settle for a slush box model. so iw as just wondering who here is running an AOD in a fox body with the basic bolt on's or whatever else and what are your times? Just wondering guys..thanks.

Vince

http://clickclickracing.com/ this is a good site to check out if you buy an AOD car.

George C
02-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Are you looking to sell it? If you are, what is done to it, and who built it?

yes i have no need for it anymore.

its a GER strip/Street trans with a Lentech VB with electric lockout for OD, the trans is suppose to hold 600hp. it also comes with a trick flow deep pan on it, also has a 3200 converter with it. i priced the value before and it was round 2500 new for everything

make off

calypso92
02-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Just bought a lentech street bruiser aod for my lx , pricey but lentech is
supposed to be the best when it comes to the aod stuff.

FineLineMtrSprt
02-17-2007, 12:50 PM
http://clickclickracing.com/ this is a good site to check out if you buy an AOD car.

Thanks dude...i knew there was a site but couldnt remember it. By the way..i have someone coming to look at my bronco in a bit..so i might be giving you a call on that stang later

87notch
02-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Just bought a lentech street bruiser aod for my lx , pricey but lentech is
supposed to be the best when it comes to the aod stuff.

Thats what my cousin runs in his coupe,he loves it.

FineLineMtrSprt
02-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Lentech is pretty much THE AOD guy to go to. There are a few up and comers but so far they dont have the experiance at it that Lynn does. Im not saying they arent great products...but hes been doin it since the AOD was around. He also has a kickass Turbo Polaris SP700 ATV lol

Chris00GT
02-18-2007, 12:50 AM
If you guys ever stopped off at Kauffman's the Red 03 Mach 1 we had with the Pro Turbo kit had a Lentech AOD with their 6,000RPM converter. The car made 800rwhp on the dyno with the AOD. On the street the auto made the car feel unreal and stupid fast even at low boost.

I also have an AOD in my 91LX with a PA street strip valve body. I'm waiting on some time to install my trick flow heads and the B&M converter I have for her. Hopefully she'll hold up at the track with a 150hp shot of nitrous. If not I'm thinking a PA super comp C-4 with the lifetime warentee.

FineLineMtrSprt
02-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Chris i dont doubt it for one second

coralcoupe1993
02-18-2007, 04:47 PM

Vince

Vince, I have had many AOD cars. Danielle is running an AOD in her 87 GT. The complete drive train is out of a 92 GT. We have a B&M shift kit with a very mild stall converter. The combo is nice! I enjoy driving the thing; its almost as fun as a stick car (not as fun as my 66 Galaxie 7.0 with a stage 3 C6). Dont worry about buying a slush box!!! :thmbsup:

FineLineMtrSprt
02-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I loved the automatic in my Lightning...of coruse i had a custom valve body that kicked much anus lol......but thanks for all the info. I just rememebr the old days of trying to get stock AOD's to work and them feeling like they were missing and holding shifts. But i guess i dont have to worry about that now. Thanks again guys, Vince

383taman
02-18-2007, 08:37 PM
My buddy has a AOD in his mustang built buy john at transmission magician. and his car make over 600 rwhp and its held up good. he also has a LSC that has oe of his trannys in it makes almost 700 rwhp and it lives also. I have his tranny in my car (not a AOD but a TH350 and it lives behind my car) Maybe give him a call.pm me if interested ill give you his #.