PDA

View Full Version : When should you switch to a race fuel?

Jivepepper
03-07-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm going to a T-trim and a TFS intake but I'm staying with same size SC pulley. With the S-trim, and stock intake, I was seeing about 16-17psi @ 6400 RPM . That was with a 7.85" crank pulley a 3" sc pulley.

The V1 S-trim started dropping off at 57776 rpm (6400 rpm motor). That's only 7776 rpm's past it's max rating lol. I could have increased the pulley size and spun it farther which might have made a little more power but at the increase of motor wear. Momentum also helps make hp but at price. I prefer making it lower which results in more TQ and increased longevity.

The T-trim's max efficiency rating is 55000 rpm. I hope to spin it to 6700 engine rpm next time as long as it's making power. The SC should be spinning at 60484 rpm so about 5500 past the max efficient rpm. Still over, but as bad as it was when it was a S-trim lol.

I wonder how much more boost I make? Taking in to consideration the increased cfm of the T-trim, the extra RPM, and the decrease in restriction because of the TFS intake.

Who has experience with a T-trim pushed hard on a 2v with ported heads, intake, and blower cams?

Will this setup require more octane than 93? Aproximatly how much boost should I see?

Thanks