PDA

View Full Version : Pledge up some SCS donations here!

04snake
08-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Lou tell me where to send my $20, need you to keep this place going, the GP in the Steig Stage IV saved me a bundle, you can have some of that back!

I'm in, send it to gostang? Post up the Paypal email and maybe some guys will match my pledge.

Glad to see you back, and you don't need to ask, this group will gladly pitch in, I'm positive of it!

Sonic03snake
08-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks Stu!!! Any donations will go to get the site back to where it was. We need to get the home page and all the other custom features back.:cool:

Sonic03snake@aol.com is my pay pal address.

Wolfpack Speed
08-25-2006, 03:49 PM
good deal stu, donation sent lou:D

04snake
08-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks Stu!!! Any donations will go to get the site back to where it was. We need to get the home page and all the other custom features back.:cool:

Sonic03snake@aol.com is my pay pal address.

oops, see there I almost sent Laurel Mt. more money by habit! LOL!

glad to pitch in Lou, I know you will put it to good use, keep up the GREAT work!

euphoria717
08-25-2006, 11:50 PM
donated $20.....does that mean I can have an avatar, and crazy catch phrase under my screen name??

Steve-0
08-26-2006, 12:22 PM
donated $20.....does that mean I can have an avatar, and crazy catch phrase under my screen name??

You need like 10 posts or something to get that....

Lou, when I get a job, youll get some money from me.:o

u1arunit
08-26-2006, 03:59 PM
"I read the SCS forum about donations.

I can tell you this it will cost $0 to get any of the old features back if the admin knew how to make the changes.

All that needs done is layout changes and advanced CMPS to get the side bars.

What do I want for all this? Nothing, just have some members stop by my site and get some of these Phoenix members talking. LOL ..And get my review section going.."

-Jeff (BurnTire)

“Hey Lou Burntire has a kickass site why don’t you take the free!!!!!!!!!!! help he offered?”

-Mark

burntire
08-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Just to clarify.
I am not saying don't support the site.
There are other costs like software and hosting fees etc.
I am just offering assistance being I have much more free time than Lou and Eric.:)

Sonic03snake
08-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey Mark,

I will be taking Jeff up on his offer but we still need all the artwork and that kind of stuff done. Jeff said he could do the basics to my understanding.:cool:
"I read the SCS forum about donations.

I can tell you this it will cost $0 to get any of the old features back if the admin knew how to make the changes.

All that needs done is layout changes and advanced CMPS to get the side bars.

What do I want for all this? Nothing, just have some members stop by my site and get some of these Phoenix members talking. LOL ..And get my review section going.."

-Jeff (BurnTire)

“Hey Lou Burntire has a kickass site why don’t you take the free!!!!!!!!!!! help he offered?”

-Mark

Sonic03snake
08-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Just to clarify. I am not saying don't support the site. There are other costs like software and hosting fees etc. I am just offering assistance being I have much more free time then Lou and Eric. :)
I deff appreciate it Jeff, and i think everyone else does too.:cool:

burntire
08-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Lou

I can do the advanced stuff too.

I did all the work on my site myself.

To get the sidebars back you need vBadvanced CMPS software which is free. You can create a home page with that software.

Do you still have the old banner from the top of the old site?

To change the background colors etc is a Style Change that is done directly from your control panel.

When ever your ready just let me know.

Jeff

Sonic03snake
08-26-2006, 04:36 PM
We lost the old artwork with the site. I just sent you a pm.
Lou
To get the sidebars back you need vBadvanced CMPS software which is free. You can create a home page with that software.

Do you still have the old banner from the top of the old site?

To change the background colors etc is a Style Change that is done directly from your control panel.

When ever your ready just let me know.

Jeff

sutyak
08-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Here's one of the header colors aren't quite right though.
It's on PittSpeed.com ... did somebody from there do it originally?
Maybe somebody can tweak on it:
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/scsheader.jpg

burntire
08-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Can soemone host that somewhere with some bandwidth?
Post the link.
Being I can't access the server on this site.

sutyak
08-26-2006, 07:34 PM
http://cpe-24-210-118-159.ma.res.rr.com/carstuff/images/scsheader.jpg

I'll host it for now.

burntire
08-26-2006, 07:47 PM
http://cpe-24-210-118-159.ma.res.rr.com/carstuff/images/scsheader.jpg

I'll host it for now.

Do you have a good amout of bandwidth?
I have it on the site now.

sutyak
08-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Do you have a good amout of bandwidth?
I have it on the site now.

Eh, my up is only 384k but nothing else is hosted on my machine for the moment.
I think it'll work for a while but you're welcome to move it if it ever slows down.

burntire
08-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Eh, my up is only 384k but nothing else is hosted on my machine for the moment.
I think it'll work for a while but you're welcome to move it if it ever slows down.

If it turns to a red x you are over your limit.
I will see about getting Lou ton get it on the server.

sutyak
08-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Take your time. I've uploaded over 7gb of linux iso's from my machine and no issues yet haha.

burntire
08-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Take your time. I've uploaded over 7gb of linux iso's from my machine and no issues yet haha.

Linux the real OS.

burntire
08-26-2006, 09:16 PM

I found a walkaround to get the image hosted on the server so you don't need to host anymore.
Thanks

Viper_ed
08-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Jeff, I can send you a Word Document that has the old Top Banner Picture in it. I put the document together when we had the Group Purchase on the Stiegemeier Porting. Just PM me youe email address and I'll send it over.

Ed

04snake
08-27-2006, 02:33 PM
THANK GOD for Burntire......... Regarding making a $20.00 donation to keep the board going, I would send my ex-wife $20.00 before I send Lou cash, sorry. And I really don't like my ex-wife at all. If Kevin at Laurel Mountain Mustang is not intelligent to realize the value that he gains by Lou having this local fourm, thats his loss. Lou sell banner ads for revenue and you could easily cover the costs to maintain the board.
Brian
that’s your opinion, read the first post, Lou didn't ask for money this is my idea and NOT at his urging. Why, because I would rather NOT have banner adds, there are plenty of places for that. Kevin is plenty intelligent and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the startup costs to run a domain. I offered to help with that and a couple other guys agreed, simple. You made a point to say why you are not, that’s fine, not sure why you thought anybody was interested, whatever. How this thread got described second hand on some other friggin forum and it caused Lou shit is too much for me to fathom.

Unfortunately I regret starting this thread because all the people that want to say why they don't or can't pitch in, fine, this is no reflection on Lou, get this straight Lou did not ask anyone for money, it was my Stupid idea, maybe because I am familiar with domain name costs, don’t know but lay the F off of Lou, kibish.

I love to see how everyone is pitching in however they can and yes it is and should be second nature. Other people think everything on the internet is free, whatever, you are allowed your own opinion, how about some of the same tolerance from you.

Sorry Lou, this is not the way I wanted to draw attention to you getting back up on your feet, I F'd up and apologize for any shit it caused you.

burntire
08-27-2006, 03:33 PM
It is my understanding that Lou runs this site as a hobby and the costs come out of his pocket and not LMM. I don't know the details of his costs, but it probably a couple hundred dollars a year. I am not going to get into the politics of this issue do whatever you think is right. I am helping for free, but you can always send out a turbo setup to thank me for the help. LOL:D

Steve-0
08-27-2006, 03:46 PM
It is my understanding that Lou runs this site as a hobby and the costs come out of his pocket and not LMM. I don't know the details of his costs, but it probably a couple hundred dollars a year. I am not going to get into the politics of this issue do whatever you think is right. I am helping for free, but you can always send out a turbo setup to thank me for the help. LOL:D

I believe you are correct. This site really has no ties to LMM besides Lou himself. Sure he will promote LMM to help fellow members out and such, but its not like its all he does. I see no problems with how the site is set up and such, if he needed money for the site Im sure he would ask. I would gladly help out if need be and Im sure the same can be said for most members of the forum.:cool:

I think its more of a fun thing for him to do than a business aspect.

Mater
08-27-2006, 04:01 PM
I believe you are correct. This site really has no ties to LMM besides Lou himself. Sure he will promote LMM to help fellow members out and such, but its not like its all he does. I see no problems with how the site is set up and such, if he needed money for the site Im sure he would ask. I would gladly help out if need be and Im sure the same can be said for most members of the forum.:cool:

I think its more of a fun thing for him to do than a business aspect.

this man is correct!:)

Sonic03snake
08-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Ok, here is the low down with this site.

Facts:
Who owns Steel City Stangs? Me, Lou, AKA Sonic03snake.

Who owns Laurel Mountain? Not me, my boss does.

Does Laurel mountain give me money for the board? No, i don't want it. This is a hobby i started on my own and i will include Laurel only when I decide to take on vendors.

Does this site benefit my job @ Laurel Mountain. No im a salary employee that makes no commission.

As for costs of the site, i had initally invested well over 1200.00 the first time around and got some back but not nearly that much. We are very fortunate this time that Eric and Jeff are helping get it back up and running.

Sonic03snake
08-27-2006, 05:38 PM
No apology needed Stu, there are alot of people out there that have helped out and I really apreciate it. You yourself have been alot of help with donations but more importantly contributing to the board with good info, cool movies, and respect to others. That means more to me than the cash. As for trolls who contribute nothing to the board (im not talking money), I really don't care if they are here or not.

Thanks to everyone who signs up and keeps the board growing!!!!

that’s your opinion, read the first post, Lou didn't ask for money this is my idea and NOT at his urging. Why, because I would rather NOT have banner adds, there are plenty of places for that. Kevin is plenty intelligent and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the startup costs to run a domain. I offered to help with that and a couple other guys agreed, simple. You made a point to say why you are not, that’s fine, not sure why you thought anybody was interested, whatever. How this thread got described second hand on some other friggin forum and it caused Lou shit is too much for me to fathom.

Unfortunately I regret starting this thread because all the people that want to say why they don't or can't pitch in, fine, this is no reflection on Lou, get this straight Lou did not ask anyone for money, it was my Stupid idea, maybe because I am familiar with domain name costs, don’t know but lay the F off of Lou, kibish.

I love to see how everyone is pitching in however they can and yes it is and should be second nature. Other people think everything on the internet is free, whatever, you are allowed your own opinion, how about some of the same tolerance from you.

Sorry Lou, this is not the way I wanted to draw attention to you getting back up on your feet, I F'd up and apologize for any shit it caused you.

Sonic03snake
08-27-2006, 05:51 PM
THANK GOD for Burntire......... Regarding making a $20.00 donation to keep the board going, I would send my ex-wife $20.00 before I send Lou cash, sorry. And I really don't like my ex-wife at all. If Kevin at Laurel Mountain Mustang is not intelligent to realize the value that he gains by Lou having this local fourm, thats his loss. Lou sell banner ads for revenue and you could easily cover the costs to maintain the board.
Brian

Im sure Kevin would help if I asked but (see my previous post). Stu posted up this thread, I didn't and wouldn't have asked. Some people appreciate this board and are happy to help out and thats great but not manditory. You always complain about Kevin not helping out here but ive heard of you talking shit about him not stepping up to help SVTOA track rental. It was not him that said no, i told him not to because you continually talk shit behind our backs.

Shaggy
08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Well anyway,

You guys been doing an excellent Job!

Nice mellow colors. Now we need a SCS model :D

Viper_ed
08-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Regarding making a $20.00 donation to keep the board going, I would send my ex-wife $20.00 before I send Lou cash, sorry. And I really don't like my ex-wife at all.

Then why don't you and your ex-wife find your way off into the sunset and don't visit this site anymore. A$$holes like you don't belong here if that's how you feel!!!

Shaggy
08-27-2006, 06:45 PM
she don't like him either :p