PDA

View Full Version : Engine coolant temp. sensor

Mr. Rob
12-25-2006, 01:03 AM
I was wondering which one of the sensors on my mustang is the coolant temp sensor, is it the one on the right of the alternator by the thermostat, or is it on the left of the alternator, i know one would be it but if it is, what is the other one?

coralcoupe1993
12-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I was wondering which one of the sensors on my mustang is the coolant temp sensor, is it the one on the right of the alternator by the thermostat, or is it on the left of the alternator, i know one would be it but if it is, what is the other one?

It was in the front of the intake (cast) on my VIC. I dont know it it is the same on your car? Just look where the thermostat housing is, should be very close I would think.

Chris00GT
12-27-2006, 10:19 AM
One of the sensors is for your dash gauge and the other one is for your computer. I always forget which is which, so I get the car up to temp...turn the car off...then unplug one and turn the car back to the run postion. If the gauge on the dash still works it's the compute one you uplugged...if the dash gauge does nothing you have the dash gauge sensor