PDA

View Full Version : Holy wow

Jper
08-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Well tonight I installed the Bassani X Pipe I bought off of 2001GTT (Clark) and after the install I took it for a ride. Holy shit does it rip. My car runs so freaking good right now, granite its probably because its dumping so much fuel. I dont have MIL Eliminators on yet, I think Im taking a trip out to Laurel Mtn tomorrow to pick them up. I wanna take a trip up to the track next wed to get a couple runs in. Im so suprised at the gain I got low end and top end! Thanks again Clark!:thmbsup::thmbsup:

Rodeheaver's
08-22-2008, 12:34 AM
If you got rid of the factory catted pipe, then yes its like a huge kick in the pants... glad to see you are having fun with the stang..

Jper
08-22-2008, 12:47 AM
If you got rid of the factory catted pipe, then yes its like a huge kick in the pants... glad to see you are having fun with the stang..
Fixed:thumbsup:

Rodeheaver's
08-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Fixed:thumbsup:
LOL!!

2001GTTT
08-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Well tonight I installed the Bassani X Pipe I bought off of 2001GTT (Clark) and after the install I took it for a ride. Holy shit does it rip. My car runs so freaking good right now, granite its probably because its dumping so much fuel. I dont have MIL Eliminators on yet, I think Im taking a trip out to Laurel Mtn tomorrow to pick them up. I wanna take a trip up to the track next wed to get a couple runs in. Im so suprised at the gain I got low end and top end! Thanks again Clark!:thmbsup::thmbsup:

haha no problem man, glad it worked out good for ya, better to see it put to good use than collecting dust in the garage.

FineLineMtrSprt
08-24-2008, 07:45 PM
You still runnin the stock muff's?...wait till you change those!

SK360
08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Dumping fuel due to x pipe install? If you say so. :dunno:

Viper_ed
08-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Dumping fuel due to x pipe install? If you say so. :dunno:

Ummm, when the computer still thinks the rear O2 sensors are there, yes.

SK360
08-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Ummm, when the computer still thinks the rear O2 sensors are there, yes.

Rear o2 sensors are only used to verify Emissions... I don't see why it would dump fuel when they are not there, must be some ****ed up software developers at ford.. :rofl:, or they are tryng to run a rear o2 test.

PunisherStang
08-24-2008, 11:15 PM
thats awesome to hear you love the xpipe...if all your mods are the mac intake an the xpipe wait til you do more mods...you will soon if not already have caught the mod bug lol....ones you get an catback...some headers...then your getting into tb/pullies etc you will love it...i remember when i had full bolt ons b4 i got my motor built it was amazing i loved it...enjoy man

Jper
08-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Thanks to all the comments..I plan on buying a diablo tuner here real soon instead of buying the MIL eliminators..Has anyone had the diablo tuner? Any comments on it?

Slow01GT
08-25-2008, 01:46 AM
I had a diablo predator for about a year when i had my 01. It is a decent tool for tuning if you don't plan on dyno tuning it for a while since most reputable shops use sct software. If you are using it mostly to bump up your timing and turn off your o2's then its a good mod.

Jper
08-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I had a diablo predator for about a year when i had my 01. It is a decent tool for tuning if you don't plan on dyno tuning it for a while since most reputable shops use sct software. If you are using it mostly to bump up your timing and turn off your o2's then its a good mod.

Ok, thanks for the heads up man!:goodidea:

FineLineMtrSprt
08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
I was a diablo dealer for a couple years...this was before the hand held tuners got popular. I was waiting and waiting for the tuner to come out but I had switched to SCT products before it did and was much happier with SCT products. Thats why even when i closed my business down i still used SCT software/turners.

97LaserRed
08-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Sct Ftw!

Jper
08-26-2008, 02:14 PM
I think I am buying the diablo tuner within the next day or so for a really good price..

Jper
10-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Just a little update on the car..I ended up buyin the Diablo a while back, and it made a shit ton of a difference. Its a pretty handy little thing and gets the job done. I picked it up for a hell of a price so I couldnt turn it away. My transmission on the other hand has basically shit the bed. My 2nd gear is almost impossible to get into gear, I kinda have to be on the gas and clutch to actually get it into gear, and 3rd wont even take the gear, it just makes a horrible grinding noise lol. On a lighter note, Im buying a Tremec World Class tranny off a buddy of mine for a good price. Its got a brand new 1st and 4th, brand new syncros and some other work done to it. Im taking it to Rodeheaver's in about a month for the install, and once thats done, Ill be extreamly happy, because then Ill actually be able to see how good my car runs without any grinding or fighting the transmission. Has anyone on here had any previous experiance with the World Class tranny? From what I heard they are great and really reliable.

Thats all.