PDA

View Full Version : Night Watcher Live @ PRP!!

Stangin
08-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Head to PRP on Sat. Aug. 9th, check out some fast rides and Night Watcher performing LIVE!!!!

Show Time:Saturday August 9, 2008 - 4:00 PM

Venue:Pittsburgh Raceway Park
538 Stone Jug Road
New Alexandria,Pa. 15670

Cost: 10.00

Supercharged Warriors plus Door Jamz with Regular Racing All out drag racing fun all day & Night Watcher performing live!!!!

Rodeheaver's
08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I think i am gonna hit that up..

travj31
08-03-2008, 12:16 PM
if the weather is nice... count me in

Stangin
08-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey Folks,

I just found out the admission for this event is $20.00, I noted $10.00 in the original post.

Kids 10 and under are FREE

Ages 11-17 are only $5.00

Sorry for the mis-info!!

Check out the website below, hear a few of the originals we may be playing that day. Stop by and see us.

Thanks,

Jim

CobraII
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey, are you sure you're not playing Friday, August 8th? I'm a weekly bracket/Saturday racer... there's never been a band during the bracket days. Friday night, though, is the Bad Boyz Bad Girlz night, and they do have bands playing then. I'd say check your date, or double check with who you talked to to set it up... best to make sure.

Martin0660
08-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Chuck - I thought the same, but the info is indeed on the web site with saturday, some other band for Friday.

Not to knock you band, but I can not believe they are adding something like that to a show night at the track. Maybe they can play during clean ups.

Bob Myers

Stangin
08-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Hey, are you sure you're not playing Friday, August 8th? I'm a weekly bracket/Saturday racer... there's never been a band during the bracket days. Friday night, though, is the Bad Boyz Bad Girlz night, and they do have bands playing then. I'd say check your date, or double check with who you talked to to set it up... best to make sure.

I am not aware of any bands at major events on Sats. before this. But we spent quite a bit of time at the track Friday evening with Jim, Director of Marketing & Promotions. We are also working out some details for the remainder of the season, and into next year as well. Looking at possibly being the "PRP House Band" for a large majority of major events.

But it is in fact Sat. Aug. 9th.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com

Chuck - I thought the same, but the info is indeed on the web site with saturday, some other band for Friday.

Not to knock you band, but I can not believe they are adding something like that to a show night at the track. Maybe they can play during clean ups.

Bob Myers

You got it Bob, for the most part, our purpose is for "dead time" between the different classes, as well as any clean up time that can be only a few minutes at a time, to a rather lengthy amount of time depending on the occurrance. And to lessen the amount of announcer time over the PA, when there really isn't much to say, until things are ready to get moving again.

We are also going to be looking at doing some of the dates still open on the Bad Boyz/Bad Girlz nights as well.

Thanks for the attention to details. If we were posting the wrong info, we'd want someone to let us know.

Jim

CobraII
08-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Sorry Jim, I tried to edit my post earlier this afternoon, but it didin't take.
That's cool you guys will be there, looking forward to it!

Stangin
08-05-2008, 02:35 AM
Sorry Jim, I tried to edit my post earlier this afternoon, but it didin't take.
That's cool you guys will be there, looking forward to it!

Thanks, it's no big deal. I think the track is just working on keeping large groups of people entertained when the action comes to a bit of a stand still. Crowds tend to get restless, when things slow down, so they want to give them a little extra. As far as the racing goes, the less time we play the better for all involved, but I'm sure things will happen through-out the day. We'll get our chance to do what we do.

I'm thrilled to be part of it. After so many years of playing bars until early morning hours, and maybe making a few dollars. This will be a nice change of scenery for us as a band. Not only that, but this is our first public outing in the Pittsburgh area since we relocated, so it really means a lot to us. It is a great way to get a large number people around here to know who we are & what we do. Plus I haven't been to a drag strip since I ran my '90 in Rockingham, N.C. in '94 or '95. Ready to breathe some burnin' rubber again!!!

Hope all goes well for you in the event. Stay safe and stop by and talk to us if you get a chance. We should be in the pavillion area.

Jim