Thread: Mega Squirt 2.

Mega Squirt 2.

Does anyone have any experience with this system. Thinking of going this way for better tuning for my setup now and future mods. Any input and insight would be great. I have 2 emails into local shops to see what the cost would be for install and tuning. As of now my car is N/a But looking into a paxton charger or even Nitrous at a later date.

My junk runs on MicroSquirt, but uses the same tuning software (Tuner Studio) and tuning logic. The main difference is in the capabilities and features you can use. Easy enough and if wanted to talk catch me at the track sometime.

A strong option is the Pimp from Stinger. I have their first gen in my wife’s convertible. You are paying a bit of a premium for the packaged hardware, but it is plug and play and they have great support. Started as a 2.3 focused product, but widely used on V8 stuff now days.
    They will get you a base tune that will start the car and get you going on tuning.

I cant overstate that any of the squirt based solutions are generally viewed as DIY solutions and most shops shy away from them. The hardest part of a stand alone is the cold start, normal driving stuff, and that takes time to sort out and get right. In this case, time = Money at a tuning shop to get it where a customer isn’t complaining. It’s not hard, but you need to embrace self tuning.

I love the products, but you mentioned a shop and most will steer you a different way.

other solutions in squirt family for plug and play too, just saying what I have experience with. Several I know have bought the EFI source Microsquirt with good results. Way too much to type, but ask away, and you can see the stuff on my car at Keystone if I’m there.
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

Justin just put a pimp on his green supercharged hatch , so far it seems to be working well he is figuring out the timing it likes now
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

Did you use a Dyno to tune your setup, or just drive and make adjustments.

Early on I used a dyno. Under boost my stuff gets silly at WOT on the street.

after I got my stuff pretty lined out, I do my tuning based on data logs from track runs.

My my wife’s car at 350 hp or so has never been on the dyno because we can do WOT in 2nd gear on the street.

as I mentioned above, WOT is actually easy to get right, it’s pretty steady state and only hits a limited number of cells in the tables. It’s the drivability stuff, part throttle, more or less, rate of RPM change, stuff like that is harder to tune and mostly can be done on the street. The Tuner studio has an auto tune function. As long as you set up it’s limits good, you can take a running car for a drive, spend an hour driving deliberately, and have a pretty solid drive tune. Easy enough to type, harder to do until you get comfortable with it.
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger