Thread: New bullet started ....

New bullet started ....

Dropped off a low mile core block at the machine shop to be tanked and cleaned. Picked it up Saturday and got it filled to 2” from the deck with hard Blok today. Give it some cure time and back to the shop to be bored, decked, and line homed .... I’ve got all the parts for the build so machine shop schedule will set the pace
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

my buddy just did his mopar block last week it cured in 24 hours and is in car and running
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE

well, when your machinist says let it sit at least a week, you let it sit a week ;) In the end, we just started to get the crank prepped, then order bearings, then just regular machinist que time, it sure isn't going to get touched for a couple of weeks anyway. I'm holding my breath that it will be done in time for Bradenton. In the end, the wait is worth it, I got 5 seasons of my gentle racing out of the last one, so I defer to whatever he wants me to do for this one.
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    hardblock for 2" below deck and no cooling issues in true-street?
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

Add in diaper and I removed the oil cooler.

my stuff runs really cool now and all the heat is in the head and top of the block.

i have one friend that street drives his daily in the summer filled like this (but less power) and another friend that has run True Street filled like this without issue. You have to remember when cruising it’s a 120 hp 4 cylinder with a cooling system for 600 hp... i actually believe the fill will HELP with cooling keeping all the water in the top of the cylinder and the head where it’s needed.

we will see
    Bob Myers ©

I was curious about that as well but u answered my question with that post. What's the plan Bob more power or just more longevity? Do these get cap walk and stuff like that like the 8.2 stock Block stuff? I gotta ask is the a secret under the towel lol?

Ring seal is power right? That’s the basic idea, better to keep the round holes round. Is it worth much? Doubt it, but we will see when I tear my current one down how out of round the holes are.

as long as we use main studs we don’t have any issues with the caps.
    Bob Myers ©

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    How many gallons did it take to reach that level and how many gallons in the system?
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.

I bought a V8 “short fill” kit and used 1 bag and half another. I am guessing it comes in a 2 gallon pail but mixed I think the whole deal is probably 1 gallon.

System waa was right at 2 1/2 gallons before, thinking I’ll be right at 2 gallons after this. In the middle of this season I changed from a 2”thick radiator to a single core with 1” tubes, can always put the old one back in if I need it, but still feel it will be fine. Lots of air flow through a Capri nose and I have an excellent fan.
    Bob Myers ©

i guess more cure time is better his is running fairly well at 9:15 so far if he can keep it from breaking valve spring retainers , hope the new bullet last as long as the other one with all the easy miles you put on it
    Troy
    95 gt 11.3 @ 126
    68 f100 SB soon to be coyote powered
    12 GT 6m cobra jet powered 11.4 @124
    90 lx supercharged 440 rwhp on 8 lbs
    17 f150 crew cab coyote powered

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE