Thread: Fox swap question - 03-04 Mach 1 engine / transmission swap

Fox swap question - 03-04 Mach 1 engine / transmission swap

Can anyone that has handled this swap, point me in the direction of good resources or things that have been learned trail and error style. I will have a donor car, so hopefully the little things that pop up that end up causing $ on top of projects hopefully should be minimized. The little bit of info I have seen online says to use the 03-04 k-member and sticking with shorty headers can make life a little easier. Are there gauges that can be built / used or does the dash need to be transferred to the fox as well ( I'm really trying to avoid having to do that ). Is the Mach swap any different than your typical 2v swap other than maybe header choices ? Thanks in advance

It's all a bad idea ... Let me know where to pick up the donor. Lol

good luck with it
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo -Best 1/8th - 6.24@109, Best 1/4 - 9.82@136...Still only a 4 banger

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Didn't Jim do this with the white car? Seemed awesome IIRC.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

I don't know that I'd pick the Mach engine in the age of the Coyote.

I've got an '85 Fox Mustang and in my mind torque is what made those cars so fun. The Mach engine is awesome, basically what's in my Marauder and it sings a sweet song up to 7,000 rpms. But its got no grunt, and I'd be worried that going from a torque happy 5.0 to a rev happy 4-valve might not feel great. I may be crazy; I get the Fox is 1,000 pounds lighter than my Marauder, but the Marauder needed 9 lbs of boost to be fun. The Coyote comes with 425hp out of the box.

Sorry I can't help, just something to ponder.

4.56 gear to match that Mach 1 motor will wake it up plenty.
    mark
    '04 Mach 1. Built. Turbo. 667whp/631wtq
    '06 Focus. Built. Turbo. WMI. 12.43 @ 115 (sold)
    '03 Mach 1 : 12.61 @ 106.59 (sold)
    he's into that, that spiritual stuff. <><

Nothing clever to say.... jaa55's Avatar
    Yes I've done it before
    03 Torch Red Anni. Ed. Cobra

11 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered SOLD

01 cobra: traded

93 LX Modular 4v swap
    Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake SOLD

Nothing clever to say.... jaa55's Avatar
    03 Torch Red Anni. Ed. Cobra

11 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered SOLD

01 cobra: traded

93 LX Modular 4v swap
    Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake SOLD

Damn that was a sweet fox! Still think it makes more sense to go coyote these days. You can get one out of a wrecked F-150 for around $2K