Thread: 2002 F250 Superduty V10 Will not start

2002 F250 Superduty V10 Will not start

Group?

The wife took the truck to get stuff and when she got back into it to leave hit the key and nothing. She called me and I arrived to jump start it. Well the battery is about 3 months old and when I got there I noticed that the lights etc were working but I tried to jump it anyway. Well no clicks no nothing. Any ideas. Starter. solenoid? Relay? I have no idea where to start. I know enough that if the battery is low then you get the wonderful clicking noise but this was dead silence. Stumps me.

Thanks

Sam

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Did you put a voltmeter on the battery? Should be about 12.6 volts with the key off. If that's good maybe a bad ground cable? Lots of good info on ford-trucks.com if nobody here can help.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

How does the gear selector feel? If it has a loose feeling , that could be your issue as well. My 06 did what you described before. It wasn't in park completely, I had to hold up on the gear selector to start it. There's a bracket on the column that needs tightened if that's the case.

Hope you figure it out