Thread: Ford Certified Mustang - does the certification add any value to used car market ?

Ford Certified Mustang - does the certification add any value to used car market ?

I'm selling my 2014 Mustang GT that I bought last year. I bought it certified which to me the biggest point was the powertrain warranty up to 7 yr / 100,000 miles from the in service date of the vehicle. The warranty is transferable to the new owner at no additional cost. My question is, from a buyer's standpoint ( I've already discussed with Darren from a dealer's standpoint ), does the fact that the car is factory certified add any value to it ? I believe it could add a peace of mind value to someone buying from an individual rather than a dealer that the car still has a factory warranty, but is there a monetary value to it ? Thoughts ?

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    All things being equal I would buy the car with the warranty. If the car with the warranty had a price $1000 higher...then I'm not sure.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Everything I have is slow 2001GTTT's Avatar
    To put it simply, the answer is yes. A CPO car generally has a bit more value than a non CPO car.
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    1931 Ford Model A - Project
    1991 BMW 325iX
    1978 Ford F150
    1952 Ford F2 - Project
    2001 Mustang GT - gone but never forgotten. RIP.

Kickin it Old School somethingclever's Avatar
    depends what the new owner wants to do with it.

daily - then yes

modify - then no
    -JOHN

Carburetors and SAE wrenches.................

Buy Made in the USA - It Matters.