Thread: Original foxbody owners - any on here ?

Original foxbody owners - any on here ?

Hey guys - I'm looking for some information that just doing a "Google" search can't seem to find. I am trying to find out what the factory floor mats that came with the foxbody Mustangs looked like ? Were there any markings on them ( LX, GT, etc. ). I've seen the factory Cobra mats but trying to find what the others were like. Did they vary by model year ( I know some of the interior colors did but did the style of the mats change as well )? Is anyone on here an original foxbody owner or have a car that is belived to be factory original with mats ? Any information or suggested places to search would be appreciated. Thanks

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Russ (PSPStang) would know. I think they were all plain for the LX and GT cars.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

86GT bought his 1986 Mustang GT new. So he would know. His name is Ralph.
    2014 Mustang GT m6 - 12.97@111
    All stock down to the tires
    12.53 on slicks. Stock. No tune.

1986 Mustang 5 speed - 12.10@110 off the sauce
    11.05 on Nitrous babying a hurt t-5

327 stroker BOSS block with junk Pro Comp heads
    355hp n/a
    520hp on nitrous

All Nitrous parts are gone. Turbo on the way

Tuned by Tim @ Rodeheavers Hotrod & Dyno Shop

93 "summer edition" canary yellow verts came with black mats with yellow embroidered running horses on them
    New combo going in 410w, tea225 high ports solid roller, novi2000, glens fuel system, pa
    Supercomp c4, some other things, hoping to run 10's...update 10.50@120 on 8 burned pistons...hoping to run 9's no cage in sight

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    True - but the garden variety LX and GT models - weren't they plain mats? I owned a few but never bought them new.
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands

Not sure what they had, the yellow vert my dad bought from day ford in monroeville with 4 miles. We still have it, black mats yellow horses
    New combo going in 410w, tea225 high ports solid roller, novi2000, glens fuel system, pa
    Supercomp c4, some other things, hoping to run 10's...update 10.50@120 on 8 burned pistons...hoping to run 9's no cage in sight

All regular gt and lx mats were plain.
    The only cars with logos on factory mats were 93 cobra and the 93 special Ed verts (yellow and white)

Looking through the 1992 Mustang brochure, yes I still have it, front mats only were part of the convenience package. Optional on LX, LX 5.0 and package on GT. Unfortunately the interior pics have no mats.
    1990 LX 306 supercharged

IIRC my car came with black rubber mats

Thanks for the replies guys. I figured there would be a couple on here that would know.

My originals were all plain. I upgraded years ago with Ford direct carpeted mats with the Mustang Logo on them. I had my 79 which got the original 86 GT mats and all the other hand me downs from my 86 (Wheels, sway bars, seats, mats etc).

My originals were just plain grey mats. 93 LX I bought it new in Dec. of 93 and still have it.