Thread: 2014 season

2014 season

what are your thoughts about the season?

my thoughts are obviously that it stinks that season is over but i look at making the playoffs as a successful season
    Current Stable
    2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302
    1993 Red Cobra

Previous Stable
    2012 White Mustang-Traded
    2004 Competition Orange Terminator - Sold
    2003 Black Cobra-Traded
    1998 Black Cobra-Traded
    1991 White 5.0 Conv-Sold
    1986 Purple 5.0 Trunk-Sold to Psycho 5.0

https://www.facebook.com/steelcitymusclecars

https://www.facebook.com/cruisin.cranberry

Tomlin needs to go.
    -Barry
    2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Grey 4.6L GT
    2004 Ford F-150 Super Crew Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L

No Traction due to Paxton PaxtonShelby's Avatar
    Even though I can be a bit of a homer, I thought this year was going to be a rough one simply because I didn't think our defense was going to be able to get the job done. I predicted a 9-7 record, so the 2014 season turned out better than I expected. That being said, there still is no excuse for losing to the worst teams in the league ( Bucs, Jets, Saints ). The team needs to get younger and more mature at the same time. I hope that Harrison decides to play another year. As for Troy...he has to want to play again...and if he thinks that, when healthy, he has still has lost a step or two, then I see him hanging it up. That's no knock on him - he's a warrior - and one of the best to ever play true position. Keisel...was playing at a high level until he got hurt. I'm not sure if he can come back and be a force or not. His injury...like when Aaron Smith went out...is the type of injury that comes with age. He's another player who has spoiled us with his work ethic and likable personality. If he hangs it up I hope he gets into coaching - because he really gets it. I think Ike could very well hang it up unless he has a phenomenal offseason of training. I figure at least 2-3 of those guys don't return next year.

Mike Mitchell - didn't get the job done this year - at all. I can't think of a single play he made that was impressive. But I can remember a LOT of bonehead penalties that he committed. He played like an immature rookie. I think a change needs to be made at that position.

I hope that they sign Worilds. He had a decent year and I think he has a lot of upside.

As much as people like to hate him, Willie Gay had a nice year. I have been guilty of bashing him in the past, but he has definitely improved with age.

Blake and McCain showed up to play at corner when called upon. I think they have a lot of potential. If we get more of a pass rush they might look like stars out there.

D-line....improved but still lacking the elite pass rusher. I really like Tuitt, McLendon, and Heyward.

On offense, all we really need is a healthy Bell. Bryant is a superstar in the making. Wheaton is improving but needs the most improvement. Send Moore and Bey packing. We need to get a replacement for Heath. He is still very good, but I think he has taken too many shots - and refs rarely call penalties for them for some reason.

Oh - and we need a freaking punter!!!! My god - watching him in warmups is like torture!! He is awful!

That is my $0.50...
    2014 GT Premium - Sterling Gray Metallic - MT82 - Track Pack - Glass Roof - Recaro seats - Spoiler delete
    12.76 @ 114.04 bone stock. Koni yellow coil-overs, BMR watts, LCA and LCA relo brackets, Borla S-type axle back.

1966 Coupe - 331 stroker - Bullet custom roller cam - cam and motor installed and dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod - Astro A5 - McLeod RXT - 486 to the wheels - more fun than my little tires can handle

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - currently NOT on jackstands